Netduma R2 with Virgin Hub 4 Gigabit speeds

Lord British

Good afternoon,

I have a couple of questions regarding my Virgin Hub 4 in modem mode whilst connected to a Netduma R2.

1). Is it correct that when I place my Hub 4 in modem mode and connect to the R2 (or any other router) that I should expect to lose a slight bit of speed?

2). How precise is the connection benchmark in the DumaOS dashboard regarding the speed test? Has anyone tried it with the same setup as I am currently using and if so are your results what you should be expecting?

Thanks in advance for any help and I'd just like to say that I'm loving the R2 and DumaOS a great combination!

• Administrators

To answer your questions:

1. That shouldn't be the case, what speeds do you pay for/receive and what do you get through the R2 wired to a PC on speedtest.net?
  2. It's not entirely precise at the moment, we are working on improving the results it gives for speeds so you can ignore that for now. If speedtest gives you the proper speeds then nothing to worry about.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

To answer your questions:

1. That shouldn't be the case, what speeds do you pay for/receive and what do you get through the R2 wired to a PC on speedtest.net?
  2. It's not entirely precise at the moment, we are working on improving the results it gives for speeds so you can ignore that for now. If speedtest gives you the proper speeds then nothing to worry about.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

@netduma fraser

I am currently paying for a gigabit connection through Virgin.

I did not get the speeds I was expecting before I brought the R2 on Speedtest or Samknows but was hoping the connection benchmark on the DumaOS would confirm this as I do not have a PC to test unfortunately.

I'll have to try and get hold of a PC or laptop but I appreciate you getting back to me.

Thanks again!

• Administrators

Ah understood! I'm with Virgin as well and they have a minimum speed that they have to provide so if you're under that for a certain period of time then it would be worth contacting them about this.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds