Couple issues with Router..

Simon

Hey guys, new netduma user here.. Not too tech savvy so I'm going to need someone to explain in steps on how to solve this. So first issue is I tried updating my router but it is asking for a username and password. How do I figure out what the username and password is?

Also, can someone explain how I can talk in PlayStation party chats? I am getting a network failure error when I join parties and it wont let me speak to my friends. Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

Hey guys, new netduma user here.. Not too tech savvy so I'm going to need someone to explain in steps on how to solve this. So first issue is I tried updating my router but it is asking for a username and password. How do I figure out what the username and password is? *NVM figured this one out*

Also, can someone explain how I can talk in PlayStation party chats? I am getting a network failure error when I join parties and it wont let me speak to my friends. Thanks! 

When you do the initial setup the first username and password that you set up is for the dumaos, the second one is for the wifi. So you should use whatever you set up as the dumaos password, if you forgot then I would suggest doing the initial set up again and making a note of the os password. 

8 hours ago, Simon said:

Hey guys, new netduma user here.. Not too tech savvy so I'm going to need someone to explain in steps on how to solve this. So first issue is I tried updating my router but it is asking for a username and password. How do I figure out what the username and password is?

Hello, welcome to the forum!

The default username and password is admin and password, as slowfoshow indicated when doing the initial configuration there is a section that asks you to enter those data, you should put the data that you entered in that section to be able to enter the interface of R2.

Regarding the ps4 party group, I recommend that you have the strict mode of the geofilter disabled when you create the party group and once created, activate it again and start the game you want to play.

If you still have communication problems after trying this, please write back and I will suggest something else to fix it.

A greeting!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Great advice above. For party chat take a look at the bottom of this guide for how to allow your friends, that will allow you to connect with them when you are filtering: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

I will try that soon. But now I’m having trouble with my wifi .. my wifi isn’t even working anymore. Literally just got the router yesterday and the wifi just stopped working today. I tried rebooting and it didn’t work. 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Simon said:

I will try that soon. But now I’m having trouble with my wifi .. my wifi isn’t even working anymore. Literally just got the router yesterday and the wifi just stopped working today. I tried rebooting and it didn’t work. 

Are you using the WiFi in mirror mode or did you disable that and connect to 2.4/5GHz manually? When you say it doesn't work, can you connect to it but you just don't get internet?

How do I know if I’m on mirror mode or not ? Yes, I’m connected but I can’t load anything up. I can’t go on any website but it shows I’m connected to my network. 

*update* it ended up being an issue with my internet service provider. There is currently an outage. Thank you for your help guys ! I will update you guys on the PlayStation party issue and see if it is fixed.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great to hear, glad it's all working again, thanks for the update!

Also just in case you want to know you can see if you're using mirror mode in Network Settings > WiFi.

Hey Fraser, im confused.. So when youre playing with your friends, they show up as a person icon on the geofilter map? And then you click on them and allow?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Simon said:

Hey Fraser, im confused.. So when youre playing with your friends, they show up as a person icon on the geofilter map? And then you click on them and allow?

Yes that's exactly right!