Is there Support for World of Warships to add in Geo Filter?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You can't add a new profile manually, that is something we would need to do, I have requested the ability to add custom Geo-Filter profiles to our roadmap. A profile just sets a pre-defined radius, it doesn't add anything really that is needed for you to filter the game. If you try to filter does it work for the game? I don't think it is a game we have tested.

I have no idea how to even begin doing it?? I would really like it to be a priority target in profile like the other selected games. I'm really wondering also why it isn't already as popular as it is??

What exactly do I need to do to make it priority when I play World of Warships  or, any game not existing on that list ???  I'm not very computer savvy, I just want things to work as they should ,lol 

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, JimBone said:

I have no idea how to even begin doing it?? I would really like it to be a priority target in profile like the other selected games. I'm really wondering also why it isn't already as popular as it is??

What exactly do I need to do to make it priority when I play World of Warships  or, any game not existing on that list ???  I'm not very computer savvy, I just want things to work as they should ,lol 

23 minutes ago, JimBone said:

Also,,,Do I need to sign in to DumaOS and leave it running in background for it to be effective or does it just set parameters as final until changed?? 

What platform are you playing it on? Really all you need to do is add it to the Geo-Filter, set your radius size then search for a game. If you're using a PC set that to a PlayStation in the Device Manager and then add it to the Geo-Filter. To be fair you're the first one I think that has mentioned this game. No you can just set it and forget it, no need to keep the interface open. I don't know if the game will be Geo-Filterable so you may need to expand the radius if you can't get a game initially or disable it.

It wouldn't allow my game to play at all when I selected it in geo-filter?? 😕 not a gamer friendly router accept maybe to the very few on the list. Over a million people play World of Warships,  It really should be on the list.

• Administrators

Okay thank you for trying, we would need to test it for compatibility then. I've added it to our roadmap.

It might just be you need to allow a server and then you can filter. When you first boot up the game if there is anything blocked add it to your allow list. That should allow you to connect to the lobby and you may be able to filter from there.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JimBone said:

It's just another overpriced router that has a gimmick,  with no follow through 😕 Or actual step by step instructions how to do things. 

Have you tried Fraser's latest suggestion? Are you seeing anything appear on Geo-filter when you boot the game?

• 11 months later...

I`m running into a problem with world of warships legends on the xbox being blocked by the Geo filter aswell.   I have tried allowing the servers that are popping up on the geo filter dash but the game still gives me server connection errors. The only way i can connect to game is by disabling the geo filter for my xbox series x . 

Any Suggestions?

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, BoRiS GB said:

I`m running into a problem with world of warships legends on the xbox being blocked by the Geo filter aswell.   I have tried allowing the servers that are popping up on the geo filter dash but the game still gives me server connection errors. The only way i can connect to game is by disabling the geo filter for my xbox series x . 

Any Suggestions?

The only way to get it working before we test it is to allow anything that gets blocked when you get a connection error - it may be that it won't keep researching for servers and will try one server, if it can't connect then give you an error. In which case it may be quicker to have the Geo-Filter disabled, search for a game, quit if it isn't the server you want, rinse and repeat until you get a good one.