I need to rearrange furniture, how do I power down and not lose settings??

Dyson350

There is no way at this time.  I believed it has been recommended that Netduma implement a "saving configuration feature" which would be a life saver especially when you have a lot of custom settings or connected devices.  

• Administrators

Once you've done all your settings reboot the router from the interface, that should save them even after you've unplugged them. If not let us know and I'll push for a save function to be added sooner.

35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Once you've done all your settings reboot the router from the interface, that should save them even after you've unplugged them. If not let us know and I'll push for a save function to be added sooner.

And like clockwork, as soon as I power on I have to troubleshoot. A save function should already be a thing. This is ridiculous. Netduma isnt getting internet now.

I fixed it, doing something that makes absolutely 0 sense considering I did the exact same thing prior with no results then it magically works now. Seriously...fix this ASAP because its ridiculous. This wasn't even an issue on older modems from 10 years ago.

• Administrators

Are you unplugging the router from power frequently? There is no need to do that as they're designed to be on for long periods of time and don't take much power. What web browser/device do you use to configure the router?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you unplugging the router from power frequently? There is no need to do that as they're designed to be on for long periods of time and don't take much power. What web browser/device do you use to configure the router?

Not frequently but when i do i have to jump through hoops to get it to work again...chrome on my laptop. I think it has something to do with dmz but im not sure. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dyson350 said:

Not frequently but when i do i have to jump through hoops to get it to work again...chrome on my laptop. I think it has something to do with dmz but im not sure. 

Could you expand on why you think it is to do with the DMZ? Are ALL settings wiped - for example, something like Congestion Control percentages where it shows you it is applying them, does that reset?

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you expand on why you think it is to do with the DMZ? Are ALL settings wiped - for example, something like Congestion Control percentages where it shows you it is applying them, does that reset?

No. Those settings remain. The netduma just doesnt route internet to the devices. I have to reboot multiple times and re enter the netduma into dmz. Its like something isnt getting recognized between the modem and router. The fixes I do figure out really dont make any sense as i am not reconfiguring anything,  just reentering the ip address of the netduma into the modem thats and rebooting until it is recognized

At first the netduma is a unrecognized device on the modem then eventually it becomes recongized. It all eventually works and i have no idea why it stops working in the first place.

• Administrators

On the modem give the R2 a static/reserved IP address, this will prevent it from changing after reboots and should hopefully help to re-establish the connection. So it's not settings on the R2 specifically that are wiped?