ps5 party chat

Paddee1987

Hi, i am having the same problem on PS4, added my friends to the whitelist and still can't hear them.  The only resolution is to disable STRICT MODE in the geo filter then it seems to work. It's not ideal having to keep turning the STRICT MODE filter on and off.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Howardmp said:

Hi, i am having the same problem on PS4, added my friends to the whitelist and still can't hear them.  The only resolution is to disable STRICT MODE in the geo filter then it seems to work. It's not ideal having to keep turning the STRICT MODE filter on and off.

There must be something still getting blocked. When you invite them/connect look on the Geo-Filter (unzoomed) is there something being blocked? If so then allow it and then it should work.

Thanks for your quick reply Frazer, what would actually be blocked to stop PSN Chat, i thought whitelisting them would be enough? FYI ISP Virgin media, SH3 in modem mode, using UPnP with PS4 IP in DMZ. Don't know if that makes a difference? I've also tried using the port forwarding for recommended ports (deleted rules now) but still get the same results. I'll have a closer look tomorrow when they're online and let you know.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Howardmp said:

Thanks for your quick reply Frazer, what would actually be blocked to stop PSN Chat, i thought whitelisting them would be enough? FYI ISP Virgin media, SH3 in modem mode, using UPnP with PS4 IP in DMZ. Don't know if that makes a difference? I've also tried using the port forwarding for recommended ports (deleted rules now) but still get the same results. I'll have a closer look tomorrow when they're online and let you know.

It should be yes, however, if they're starting to use servers, either for authentication or to support the chat then that would need to be allowed also. I don't know for certain if that is the case but something is still being blocked so it makes sense. Your settings are good so won't be a NAT issue. Okay keep us posted!

Hi Frazer, it looks like you are right as these 2 servers in NEVADA / OREGON / CALIFORNIA area of America f022b984bf8fd5da and 2b2c430ec9cadbe0 where being blocked. It's just worked with one friend in party chat. Fingers crossed problem solved.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 14.34.44.png

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Howardmp said:

Hi Frazer, it looks like you are right as these 2 servers in NEVADA / OREGON / CALIFORNIA area of America f022b984bf8fd5da and 2b2c430ec9cadbe0 where being blocked. It's just worked with one friend in party chat. Fingers crossed problem solved.

Ahh that is great to hear, well done for finding them and thanks for the IDs, I'll pass them on to get whitelist.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, DjimiDay said:

This has been going on years. The only way I have found is to login and disable strict mode. 

There will be something blocked, either your friend or a server, once you've allowed that it will work fine.