How to force connection to a server in another location/country?

Vinman

I have the netgear netduma router and was trying to run some tests to see differences in play when connected to servers in different locations/countries.  But when i set my geofilter to a different location in the US or a different country, it just seems to connect back to local server nearby in California.  is there some setting im missing , ive set it to Filtering mode, have strict mode set, autoping host, i set ping assist to 0 , but when i put my filter circle in other locations to lock down to choose there it doesnt seem to work ?  please let me know what it is im missing

thanks

Vinman

I've also tried testing this but was unable to find a game after it searches for 5-10 minutes then times out. I did a ping heatmap test then in Geo, I set tried setting location to India and Hawaii with a good radius and no ping assist, however I could see that the game was still trying to put me in European servers so DumasOS would block those servers and the search would repeat on loop. 

• Administrators

If you're changing the settings while you're on the game then it won't work because it will already have made a connection that will stay active so you will need to relaunch the game after making changes like that and it should then apply. 

2 hours ago, alex.devine said:

There seems to be major issues with the Geo Filter and Cold War. I cannot find a game when I set the assist to 0.

How big is your radius?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're changing the settings while you're on the game then it won't work because it will already have made a connection that will stay active so you will need to relaunch the game after making changes like that and it should then apply.

That makes sense. The only way I could find a game after this happened was to close the game, change my Geo back to actual home location and relaunch.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How big is your radius?

I have set it to 1400 miles. It finds a game and then kicks me out right away stating failed to join game.

I have also closed the game, waited 2 minutes. This is on PS5 using the Xr500 on the latest beta version.

I have been trying to force the spanish servers as I hear they are good. 

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, alex.devine said:

I have set it to 1400 miles. It finds a game and then kicks me out right away stating failed to join game.

I have also closed the game, waited 2 minutes. This is on PS5 using the Xr500 on the latest beta version.

I have been trying to force the spanish servers as I hear they are good. 

Do you see anything get blocked on the map when you get kicked at all? If you're trying to force Spanish servers you'll probably want to lower the radius. Also be warned, actual people who live in Spain are finding it hard to force them. They probably play well because hardly anyone can connect!

All I get when trying to test forcing connection to a server in another location is a never ending loop of searching for a game and failing to connect. The only times it looks as though I may connect, I get a message saying unable to connect to data centre.

A77EA88F-654A-4071-BEB4-EA4D95E0AFA9.png

• Administrators
10 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

All I get when trying to test forcing connection to a server in another location is a never ending loop of searching for a game and failing to connect. The only times it looks as though I may connect, I get a message saying unable to connect to data centre.

Are you changing the Geo-Filter settings while you're already on the game? If so hard turn off the game/console and then change your settings, flush the cloud, wait 2 minutes and then boot up the console/game and see if you can force easier then.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you changing the Geo-Filter settings while you're already on the game? If so hard turn off the game/console and then change your settings, flush the cloud, wait 2 minutes and then boot up the console/game and see if you can force easier then.

Ok I’ll give that a test but it’s not a priority at the moment tbh. Just switched over to BT from Vodafone today...had a bit of a minor job to getting back devices back online via the R2 but got it sorted, so just going to go back to basic testing and monitoring for a few days first.

The only tests I did with locations were last week when I did change whilst on the game, but after you told me to do with game closed, I was still unable to connect to other server locations.

What does “flush the cloud” mean?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where are you based and where are you trying to force servers?

Flushing the cloud forces a re-download of the cloud database so just in case there are any issues or there is a newer version it is a good idea to do it.

I’m based near Birmingham (UK) and have only tried connecting to India, Malaysia and Hawaii (which don’t actually exist). I’ve also read that Italy or Spain could be worth trying but they don’t show on Ping Heatmap. Where would you recommend trying to connect to?

I’l try the cloud flush before I play next. 👍

• Administrators
1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I’m based near Birmingham (UK) and have only tried connecting to India, Malaysia and Hawaii (which don’t actually exist). I’ve also read that Italy or Spain could be worth trying but they don’t show on Ping Heatmap. Where would you recommend trying to connect to?

I’l try the cloud flush before I play next. 👍

Ah I see, if there are no servers in those areas then you won't get a game. If there were then your ping to them may be so high that they block you connecting anyway. You can still try those servers, just make a polygon to cover those countries. I think France, Germany and the Netherlands have decent servers so try those.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah I see, if there are no servers in those areas then you won't get a game. If there were then your ping to them may be so high that they block you connecting anyway. You can still try those servers, just make a polygon to cover those countries. I think France, Germany and the Netherlands have decent servers so try those.

Yeah France, Germany, Netherlands and UK are the only EU servers that show on Ping Heatmap for Warzone. Further afield, the only other WZ serves shown are Russia (Moscow), South Africa (Cape Town), India, Malaysia, China, Japan, Australia and then 11 locations in America. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Yeah France, Germany, Netherlands and UK are the only EU servers that show on Ping Heatmap for Warzone. Further afield, the only other WZ serves shown are Russia (Moscow), South Africa (Cape Town), India, Malaysia, China, Japan, Australia and then 11 locations in America. 

Do keep in mind some servers may be mislocated, for example I don't think the India server is actually an Indian server.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do keep in mind some servers may be mislocated, for example I don't think the India server is actually an Indian server.

Thanks Fraser. I just checked that server with an IPlocation and it shows that it’s either New Jersey or Singapore...I’m not sure which result is correct tbh?

57B5EAE2-150D-4F84-8F82-7A998E3F3B82.png

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Thanks Fraser. I just checked that server with an IPlocation and it shows that it’s either New Jersey or Singapore...I’m not sure which result is correct tbh?

Generally when that happens go with the place that is mentioned more often so in that case looks like Singapore. Also if you do a traceroute to the IP that may give you an idea as well.

• 2 years later...
On 1/7/2021 at 9:41 AM, K0NSPIRACY said:

Ok I’ll give that a test but it’s not a priority at the moment tbh. Just switched over to BT from Vodafone today...had a bit of a minor job to getting back devices back online via the R2 but got it sorted, so just going to go back to basic testing and monitoring for a few days first.

The only tests I did with locations were last week when I did change whilst on the game, but after you told me to do with game closed, I was still unable to connect to other server locations.

What does “flush the cloud” mean?

Call Of Duty SBMM and their patents are the issue. The game is absolute trash now with all their manipulating peoples locations to play.

I have to turn filter OFF and this is where it directs me to when I live in the Pacific NorthWest Washington state. All the way over to Chicago crap servers.

If I was on cable I'd be at 75-90ms ping. Thankfully I'm on fiber now so it's 50ms ping now but still nothing to compete with in ranked rooms.

Trash game, trash company! 

Screenshot (11).png

• Administrators
7 hours ago, warriorj said:

Call Of Duty SBMM and their patents are the issue. The game is absolute trash now with all their manipulating peoples locations to play.

I have to turn filter OFF and this is where it directs me to when I live in the Pacific NorthWest Washington state. All the way over to Chicago crap servers.

If I was on cable I'd be at 75-90ms ping. Thankfully I'm on fiber now so it's 50ms ping now but still nothing to compete with in ranked rooms.

Trash game, trash company! 

You're using Ping Assist so set that to 0 and it will restrict the search to just be inside your polygon