haserl CGI Error Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

3 hours ago, Jonathan M said:

BTW..this is a bug that I think has been around a while *wink*...

Changing the logfile settings. When I click apply, I get a white page and it applies none of the stuff I unchecked for logfiles.

What changes are you trying to make to the log file specifically?

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I was trying to reconfigure the router because it goes into a state where I can not log into the Dumas software. Whether I use the IP address or routerlogin.net I hard reboot and still could not gain access. My last resort is to reset. Once a change is made and a reboot is done that when the error would come up. 

18 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I was trying to uncheck the "Known DOS attacks and Port Scans" and "Port Forwarding / Port Trigggering" options. I have a cryptocurrency (Energi3 - NRG) Masternode running on a Ubuntu PC and it always shows a lot of extra details that I don't need to know about the masternode.. But I can't change anything about the options of the logfile. Everything I try to change gives that. Here's another one that I came across... this one made me need to refresh and log back in..

Error.PNG

• Administrators
18 hours ago, TL Goodfella said:

I was trying to reconfigure the router because it goes into a state where I can not log into the Dumas software. Whether I use the IP address or routerlogin.net I hard reboot and still could not gain access. My last resort is to reset. Once a change is made and a reboot is done that when the error would come up. 

When that next happens give your PC a static IP in its network settings and see if it then allows access.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:02 PM, Jonathan M said:

BTW..this is a bug that I think has been around a while *wink*...

Changing the logfile settings. When I click apply, I get a white page and it applies none of the stuff I unchecked for logfiles.

6 hours ago, Jonathan M said:

I was trying to uncheck the "Known DOS attacks and Port Scans" and "Port Forwarding / Port Trigggering" options. I have a cryptocurrency (Energi3 - NRG) Masternode running on a Ubuntu PC and it always shows a lot of extra details that I don't need to know about the masternode.. But I can't change anything about the options of the logfile. Everything I try to change gives that. Here's another one that I came across... this one made me need to refresh and log back in..

Error.PNG

I believe this is due to the browser blocking it or an Adblocker you've got active on the web browser.

• 1 year later...

Any updates on this bug being fixed? 

I've owned this router for around 4 months now.  And every time I get this error I can't log into the Web UI.   If I reboot the router using the button on the back, the entire router get's reset to default settings and I have to re-configure everything. 

So I'm stuck with the choice of not having access to any of the NetDuma functionality... which is the main reason I bought this router... or having to completely re-configure my router, and re connect all my smart devices that refuse to connect to the re-configured router every time.   

A $300 router should not have this many damn issues. 

18 hours ago, Albert L said:

Any updates on this bug being fixed? 

I've owned this router for around 4 months now.  And every time I get this error I can't log into the Web UI.   If I reboot the router using the button on the back, the entire router get's reset to default settings and I have to re-configure everything. 

So I'm stuck with the choice of not having access to any of the NetDuma functionality... which is the main reason I bought this router... or having to completely re-configure my router, and re connect all my smart devices that refuse to connect to the re-configured router every time.   

A $300 router should not have this many damn issues. 

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having these issues.

Could you please reboot the XR1000 from the three-dot menu in the interface? Once you've done this, it shouldn't factory reset when it loses power and hopefully it'll resolve your issue of the error message too.

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having these issues.

Could you please reboot the XR1000 from the three-dot menu in the interface? Once you've done this, it shouldn't factory reset when it loses power and hopefully it'll resolve your issue of the error message too.

Unfortunately I can't do that because the interface won't load.    The below image is the only thing that loads when I log into the router.   And if I reboot the router it factory resets.  So I'm stuck leaving it like this until I have the energy to re-configure it for the 5th time. .... Edit.   To clarify, after it factory resets, and I re-setup everything.  The UI and everything work great for around a month, and then eventually when I try to log in, I get this error again.  And am stuck in the same loop.   Leave it alone, and functioning with no UI, or reboot it and re-configure it so that it is fully functional for another month. 

image.png.a4094c96b3949d1267d20293a4671c79.png

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Albert L said:

Unfortunately I can't do that because the interface won't load.    The below image is the only thing that loads when I log into the router.   And if I reboot the router it factory resets.  So I'm stuck leaving it like this until I have the energy to re-configure it for the 5th time. .... Edit.   To clarify, after it factory resets, and I re-setup everything.  The UI and everything work great for around a month, and then eventually when I try to log in, I get this error again.  And am stuck in the same loop.   Leave it alone, and functioning with no UI, or reboot it and re-configure it so that it is fully functional for another month. 

image.png.a4094c96b3949d1267d20293a4671c79.png

Are you rebooting by pulling the power or pressing the button on the back?

Try rebooting from 192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm instead

On 2/8/2022 at 1:24 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you rebooting by pulling the power or pressing the button on the back?

Try rebooting from 192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm instead

I was doing it via the button on the back.    I just tried it again via the link above.    Same result,  router rebooted, and now everything is back to default AGAIN. Off to re-set it up for a 5th time.   Please investigate this and I look forward to any new firmware releases to hopefully resolve this issue.     

10 hours ago, Albert L said:

I was doing it via the button on the back.    I just tried it again via the link above.    Same result,  router rebooted, and now everything is back to default AGAIN. Off to re-set it up for a 5th time.   Please investigate this and I look forward to any new firmware releases to hopefully resolve this issue.     

Sorry to hear this, if you're able to in future it may be worth TFTPing the current firmware to the router, this is about as close as you can get to a re-flash so it may resolve issues you're having. I'll leave the article for this below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-do-I-upload-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router-using-a-TFTP-client-on-Microsoft-Windows