haserl CGI Error Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

Please help,

I have factory reset my xr1000 and set it up, I reboot to refresh the setting and I can no longer long in the interface and it changed my WIFI id. I factory rest and configured it again, reboot and now I can not login. The error message I am getting is:

haserl CGI Error

Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

I have the latest firmware update installed. 

Guest Killhippie
9 hours ago, TL Goodfella said:

Please help,

I have factory reset my xr1000 and set it up, I reboot to refresh the setting and I can no longer long in the interface and it changed my WIFI id. I factory rest and configured it again, reboot and now I can not login. The error message I am getting is:

haserl CGI Error

Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

I have the latest firmware update installed. 

Factory reset, but dont reboot there is no need to reboot the router after a reset. Why are you rebooting after a reset may I ask?

2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Factory reset, but dont reboot there is no need to reboot the router after a reset. Why are you rebooting after a reset may I ask?

Just now, TL Goodfella said:

I am configuring the port forwarding, settings and rebooting to update the routing table. 

9 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

You should not need to reboot, you just press apply. This will apply to AX1000 as its a Netgear router, the Netgear port forwarding settings do not say reboot just press apply. See below.

https://kb.netgear.com/24290/How-do-I-add-a-custom-port-forwarding-service-on-my-Nighthawk-router

I get that, sometimes the changes do not take until rebooted. However, I did reboot and the router reset. I unplugged the power and plugged back in and now I am setting the router up for the 7th time. I only had it a few days. 

1 minute ago, TL Goodfella said:

I get that, sometimes the changes do not take until rebooted. However, I did reboot and the router reset. I unplugged the power and plugged back in and now I am setting the router up for the 7th time. I only had it a few days. 

Should not reset its self. I would install the latest firmware over the top, then factory reset using pin hole method at the back. Remember to allow the firmware update at least 5 mins before resetting. Make sure you log out before reset.

then try port forwarding as Killhippie suggested but for a router to lose its settings when rebooting its either corrupt firmware or a hardware issue.

1 minute ago, Newfie said:

Should not reset its self. I would install the latest firmware over the top, then factory reset using pin hole method at the back. Remember to allow the firmware update at least 5 mins before resetting. Make sure you log out before reset.

then try port forwarding as Killhippie suggested but for a router to lose its settings when rebooting its either corrupt firmware or a hardware issue.

I believe you are correct, because I was not having this any issues other than not getting a open NAT for Cold War before I updated to the latest firmware 1.0.0.52_1.0.38.

15 minutes ago, TL Goodfella said:

I reinstalled the firmware, the system seems much more stable, I waited, and now about to reconfigure. I am not going to reset or reboot because this has me in scared. Thanks a million for the help.

I would reset if you notice an issue. Many of us reset after updates as a standard practice to clear the old low level code.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Jonathan M said:

I have this same error. Odd, I never saw this error during a certain phase prior to launch.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Have you followed the suggestions so far to rectify the issue?

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Have you followed the suggestions so far to rectify the issue?

HI!! I think I remember you ...but not sure...were you on the team a couple months ago?

Anyway...it looks like there was a firmware update...when I cleared my browser cookies/cache/etc...the router walked me through the initial set-up all over again. Must've updated to the initial release firmware (I have been using a TP-Link router since 11/5/2020 so the XR1K has not been used during this time.. I reconnected a couple days ago and it must've updated (I have to have a spoofed MAC for internet to work, so initially it was online, then once it updated, it was offline until I did the set-up again.)...

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jonathan M said:

HI!! I think I remember you ...but not sure...were you on the team a couple months ago?

Anyway...it looks like there was a firmware update...when I cleared my browser cookies/cache/etc...the router walked me through the initial set-up all over again. Must've updated to the initial release firmware (I have been using a TP-Link router since 11/5/2020 so the XR1K has not been used during this time.. I reconnected a couple days ago and it must've updated (I have to have a spoofed MAC for internet to work, so initially it was online, then once it updated, it was offline until I did the set-up again.)...

I've been on the team since before the company launched in 2014 so yeah I was 😂

Okay great so is it all working now?

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

I've been on the team since before the company launched in 2014 so yeah I was 😂

Okay great so is it all working now?

I meant the "testing" team.... *wink*

It is working now...curious about the adblocker and next firmware update...any idea when some improvements are coming?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jonathan M said:

I meant the "testing" team.... *wink*

It is working now...curious about the adblocker and next firmware update...any idea when some improvements are coming?

Haha testing team I was a few years ago but not now. Great to hear that. Dev time has been reduced due to the holidays but everyone will be back in full force on Monday, I don't have a timeline currently, once everyone is back I can get a better idea.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Haha testing team I was a few years ago but not now. Great to hear that. Dev time has been reduced due to the holidays but everyone will be back in full force on Monday, I don't have a timeline currently, once everyone is back I can get a better idea.

I hope the GUI gets some big improvements, along with the return of the adblocker. That in itself is golden to have ... Honestly I'm surprised some of the 3rd party firmwares haven't already implemented a router-based adblocker but I'm sure that's pretty processor-intensive so it would be unadvisable on older hardware.

I know people during the testing were seeming shocked the processor wasn't a quad-core. That was one of the bigger things that I saw discussed...why not use a heftier CPU so things like adblocker and the DumaOS run smoother..

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Jonathan M said:

I hope the GUI gets some big improvements, along with the return of the adblocker. That in itself is golden to have ... Honestly I'm surprised some of the 3rd party firmwares haven't already implemented a router-based adblocker but I'm sure that's pretty processor-intensive so it would be unadvisable on older hardware.

I know people during the testing were seeming shocked the processor wasn't a quad-core. That was one of the bigger things that I saw discussed...why not use a heftier CPU so things like adblocker and the DumaOS run smoother..

What improvements would you like to see? I couldn't say whether Adblocker will return just yet. Netgear make the decisions regarding hardware so I couldn't say why they made specific decisions.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What improvements would you like to see? I couldn't say whether Adblocker will return just yet. Netgear make the decisions regarding hardware so I couldn't say why they made specific decisions.

I still see some loading issues on pages, like traffic control..but not every time. 

Hopefully it's not long for adblocker. 

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Jonathan M said:

I still see some loading issues on pages, like traffic control..but not every time. 

Hopefully it's not long for adblocker. 

In System Information in the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 and then reboot. Should stop the loading issues happening as much.

• 3 weeks later...