DHCP bugs on XR1000

I've owned the XR1000 for about 24hours now. Currently, the XR1000 is the only DHCP server on the network. I am using static dynamic reservations. Posting screenshots of the settings. 

Problem: Multiple devices are being given the same IP address. Highlighted in the screenshot. 

Expected behavior: Only a single IP would be issued to a single MAC address accounting for reservations. 

reservations.png

errors.png

• Administrators

I imagine that for most of those it could be the same device that has been connected via ethernet and also WiFi at some point and so has been given the same IP address. Regarding the other one I'm assuming the device isn't actually online otherwise there would be a conflict, then when the lease renews and if both devices were connected one would be given another.

Looking at the first 3 MAC addresses that have the same IP of 192.168.1.3, all 3 are different devices. 

From Wiresharks OUI lookup tool

00:0E:00 Atrie

00:22:15 ASUSTek COMPUTER INC.

F0:F0:A4 Amazon Technologies Inc.

Additionally, for the two addresses that share the IP of 192.168.1.8, they are also two separate devices

00:0C:29 VMware, Inc.

18:B4:30 Nest Labs Inc.

I'm assuming the device isn't actually online otherwise there would be a conflict, then when the lease renews and if both devices were connected one would be given another

The DHCP server and the XR1000 has only been online for 24hrs at the time off the screenshots. The leases given to the first MAC addresses are still valid (within the 24hr period)

Essentially, if they're online or offline the lease is still valid and the DHCP server is issuing used IPs redundantly. Specifically, even if one of the devices were offline it still has a valid lease thus a DHCP server would not be reissuing the same IP again while there is a valid lease ongoing. 

This is most certainly a bug and a problem. 

I do recognize them. 

00:0E:00 is one of my cameras. It's wired. 
00:22:15 is my pihole server and the F0:F0:A4 is my daughter's tablet. 

All 3 were on and not able to communicate on the network, IP conflicts. 

Note: I edited the screenshot to only show the top 3 MAC addresses. Also, I've disabled the DHCP server and stood up a Linux system to host DHCP for now. 

dhcp.png

On 12/27/2020 at 2:57 PM, MotFPS said:

I do recognize them. 

00:0E:00 is one of my cameras. It's wired. 
00:22:15 is my pihole server and the F0:F0:A4 is my daughter's tablet. 

All 3 were on and not able to communicate on the network, IP conflicts. 

Note: I edited the screenshot to only show the top 3 MAC addresses. Also, I've disabled the DHCP server and stood up a Linux system to host DHCP for now. 

dhcp.png

What kind of system did you setup for  DHCP?  I have been having lots of DHCP issues and been looking for a standalone solution that is not too expensive to implement.

13 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

What kind of system did you setup for  DHCP?  I have been having lots of DHCP issues and been looking for a standalone solution that is not too expensive to implement.

I'm using pihole as my dhcp server. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
54 minutes ago, MotFPS said:

@Netduma Fraser

I know you're busy :) I see you're active on here a lot which I'm very thankful for. Any update on this bug? 

I haven't heard anything at the moment. I'll personally email the NG lead for the XR regarding this and the other topic as it will be them that needs to look into this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 1:19 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I haven't heard anything at the moment. I'll personally email the NG lead for the XR regarding this and the other topic as it will be them that needs to look into this.

Any update on this?

• 1 month later...

What is the latest status on the DHCP bugs for the Netgear products?   Are the fixes for the XR500 working or are they still working to correct the problems?   What is the status on the next XR700 beta release?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, Boulou said:

i have the same annoying bugs with XR700...

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that. NG are investigating and will provide a fix as soon as they're able to. In the meantime if you have a modem/router give the XR a static IP and on the XR give devices reserved IPs if possible.