Internet Not working On Nighthawk Xr300

kajto7

• Administrators

The way you have done it already does apply to WAN, it applies to the whole device so I don't think that is the cause. You said you got the previous router to work by changing the sn numbers, what did you mean by that specifically?

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The way you have done it already does apply to WAN, it applies to the whole device so I don't think that is the cause. You said you got the previous router to work by changing the sn numbers, what did you mean by that specifically?

i think it does not . it the smiliar problem @realistaplayer have , when I make a vlan bridge on all ports, I can no longer access the router panel image.png.1f6584b14dafef19c8b3321316290127.pngI want the router to connect to the internet through vlan 80 , and about the sn , its the ONT Authentification SN

it have nothing to do with the xr300 , as it the job of the Huawei EchoLife HG8310M adapter . and there is video on youtube people running this adapter with asus Rt-AC68u router and a guy i know run it with netgear r7000p with no issues 

• Administrators

There is no other way that I know of to apply VLAN to WAN other than what I've mentioned, can you access via the LAN IP? Just to clarify, this adapter, is that what has the PPPoE and VLAN information entered into? If that is the case then you don't need to set this on the router as well, you can remove all that.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is no other way that I know of to apply VLAN to WAN other than what I've mentioned, can you access via the LAN IP? Just to clarify, this adapter, is that what has the PPPoE and VLAN information entered into? If that is the case then you don't need to set this on the router as well, you can remove all that.

No the adapter doesnt have this option , all he does is authentification with the isp using the SN number nothing more.
i read a comment about using a switch to apply the vlan tag on the WAN port , is this a possiblity ?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It could be possible if it was a managed switch yes, but a dumb switch wouldn't work so definitely worth a try.

can u help me with that , like affordable option for me and config stuff

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, kajto7 said:

can u help me with that , like affordable option for me and config stuff

I don't know where you're based exactly but search for managed switch VLAN, this is an affordable option in the UK for example

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-SG105E-Desktop-Easy-Smart-Ethernet/dp/B00N0OHEMA/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=managed+switch+vlan&qid=1609196819&sr=8-3

Guest Killhippie

The issue could be that this is the R2 support thread not the XR300

19 minutes ago, kajto7 said:

i dont know if you do these types o answers on purpose , but its not the same thing mr @Netduma Fraser

image.thumb.png.2a47159fdfa8b38bef59cab0130ca045.png

The issue could be that this is the R2 support forum and your profile says XR300 hence the differences. Maybe you should post under nighthawk support instead  @kajto7

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kajto7 said:

i dont know if you do these types o answers on purpose , but its not the same thing mr @Netduma Fraser

The screenshot was not in my native language, I would not intentionally give you incorrect information. 

This might be where the XR300 is lacking a feature compared to the other routers, does it work like your above screenshot?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The screenshot was not in my native language, I would not intentionally give you incorrect information. 

This might be where the XR300 is lacking a feature compared to the other routers, does it work like your above screenshot?

not working , how can i open a ticket to netgear nighthawk ?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, kajto7 said:

not working , how can i open a ticket to netgear nighthawk ?

You will need to login here: http://support.netgear.com/ and then you should be able to make a ticket if you have time remaining on your complimentary support/if you pay for it.

1 minute ago, kajto7 said:

i dont know what u mean , i bought the router online from france and ship it to my country

If you registered your router when you first set it up you can log into mynetgear.com and you can see what warranty is available. 

Just now, Newfie said:

If you registered your router when you first set it up you can log into mynetgear.com and you can see what warranty is available. 

i did not register yet

• Administrators

You need to register as above, it may be the case that its 90 days support from the time of purchase - they may ask to see a receipt for example. I don't work for Netgear and haven't done the process myself so couldn't say for certain.