Internet Not working On Nighthawk Xr300

kajto7

Hi,

today i received my xr300 and after configuration thins , the internet is still not working

first, in my country the isp doesnt allow to use other routers than theirs , so for that i managed to get an huawei router works by changing the sn numbers , so people use adapters like the EchoLife HG8310M to convert from the PON to LAN so they can run any routers they want if he has WAN Port

so i ve tried to do that and i copy the working configuration from the old router but still can't make the internet works

Old Config: Screenshot1.thumb.png.eb5f4111b0316352f088b6e2e5f8d2d2.png

Applying them on the xr300 like :

aba0def4-dee6-4d51-87a7-9d7d6ced0933.thumb.jpg.457f27a2a4f3084e67dac38ed93faf37.jpg

if any one  got any idea about the solution , i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

2.jpg

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The only thing I can see that would affect this/is different is the PPPoE password you've entered is not as long as the previous screenshot, was this for screenshot purposes or what you've actually been using? You could also try setting the MAC address of the XR to the one of the previous router as that may help.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The only thing I can see that would affect this/is different is the PPPoE password you've entered is not as long as the previous screenshot, was this for screenshot purposes or what you've actually been using? You could also try setting the MAC address of the XR to the one of the previous router as that may help.

thank you for your reply,

No its the actual password tested/working on my isp, the mac address have no effect  as the first provided router have diffrent mac than the huawei spoofed one . and the PON adapter/converter have a diffrent mac too. i don't know why if i create new vlan rule with 80 / 0 . the router will be no more accessible so i have to reset it 

• Administrators

So just to clarify, the Huawei is not used now and the XR300 is connected directly to the adapter is that right? If so take all the details off the XR300 and connect the Huawei back then put the XR in the DMZ of the Huawei and connect all devices to the XR. It's not ideal but there doesn't seem to be anything preventing the connection that I can see so best to have the H handle PPPoE.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So just to clarify, the Huawei is not used now and the XR300 is connected directly to the adapter is that right? If so take all the details off the XR300 and connect the Huawei back then put the XR in the DMZ of the Huawei and connect all devices to the XR. It's not ideal but there doesn't seem to be anything preventing the connection that I can see so best to have the H handle PPPoE.

Normally the old router (Huawei EG8245H) connected directly to the fiber cable, and here came the role of the adapter the idea is connecting the adapter to the fiber cable and he will give WAN cable , the idea is worked on a netgear r7000p which is pretty much the same router with a different OS (genie). but not working on xr300 with the dumaOS . so i think is something to do with configuration

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On the R7000P how did you do the setup exactly? They should largely have the same settings. Turn that on, check the settings and then try to input them on the XR.

its the same settings all necessary thing is to put the PPPoE login / password , and set vlan to 80 with priority 0

• Administrators

It wont work if the username/passwords are different.

You're on the very oldest firmware, upgrade to this: https://kb.netgear.com/000062185/XR300-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-50

Then do a factory reset as it's a big jump and then re-enter the details you need and see if you get a connection.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It wont work if the username/passwords are different.

You're on the very oldest firmware, upgrade to this: https://kb.netgear.com/000062185/XR300-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-50

Then do a factory reset as it's a big jump and then re-enter the details you need and see if you get a connection.

is there any option to import config of another nighthawk router, i was thinking of saving config of the r7000p and import it on the xr300. is there a possibility ?

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, kajto7 said:

is there any option to import config of another nighthawk router, i was thinking of saving config of the r7000p and import it on the xr300. is there a possibility ?

You can save/upload a config but I wouldn't recommend doing this across different routers as this could cause issues, best to only save/upload a config on the same router.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can save/upload a config but I wouldn't recommend doing this across different routers as this could cause issues, best to only save/upload a config on the same router.

image.png.4fed318481cf7e243ca5e7ee652f0435.png

on the download zip file u gave me i only find a file with .chk extension ?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

.chk is the upgrade file for XR1000 so it's perfectly fine to use.

updated to the latest firmware , did a factory reset . reconfiguring internet settings / vlan, still no internet working 🙁

Screenshdddddddddddot_5.png

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The password in your original picture is much longer than that, does it work if you use that password instead?

longer ! its the correct one cai0013 and password cai0013

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Who is your internet service provider?

bro i need this [

]

i need to apply the vlan 80 on the WAN Port like the previous settings on the Huawei can u help me with this ?

50 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I just found online that the username/password is cia0013 not cai0013 which you've been entering, can you use that instead please and see if it works?

bro its correct u  just missing the point , if i can apply the vlan 80 tag on the WAN port the internet will work , which leads us to the old post i just put the link of it