Xr 500 geofilter

braido1x

Can anyone help with a setup for the geofilter to force a server further away ? I’m playing from Glasgow but hoping to target the servers in Spain and Italy. Every time  I set it up I can never find a match and I’m not sure if Im overlooking something simple that’s stopping me finding a game, it’s the original Duma os on the xr 500 and my ping to this Spanish server would normally be around 30-40 milliseconds. If anyone has a rough setup which works for them It would be greatly appreciated.

On 12/22/2020 at 12:18 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Can you please provide a screenshot of your current configuration in Geo-filter?

Fully zoomed out and the whole page please! :) 

sorry for the late reply Liam. here is a screenshot of the geo filter page with the advanced options opened. I left out the whitelist section as I have all my friends ips allowed but no Denys on it. as you can see im playing from Scotland but I have put the fence around the server im trying to force , but the match making never gets past the searching stage 

geo_filter_.png

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the screenshot, put Ping Assist to 0 and then hard turn off the console. Then wait 2 minutes and then power on and search for a game.

sorry to report that this didn't work for me , if this info is any use the searching for a match ping remains at 54 ms and doest go upwards to try and find a game at a higher value 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, braido1x said:

sorry to report that this didn't work for me , if this info is any use the searching for a match ping remains at 54 ms and doest go upwards to try and find a game at a higher value 

What happens now then as previously you were getting hosts outside the radius, does it just continue searching and not find a game?

What is the game you're playing?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What happens now then as previously you were getting hosts outside the radius, does it just continue searching and not find a game?

What is the game you're playing?

It’s just stuck on searching for a match at 53ms ping - I’ve tryed it with strict mode off but didn’t make any difference 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try upgrading to the beta, then factory reset and see if that improves it:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

What game are you playing?

I’m playing warzone,  i might try a factory reset as I prefer the old firmware to the beta at the moment - thanks for the help once again guys and merry Christmas 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, braido1x said:

I’m playing warzone,  i might try a factory reset as I prefer the old firmware to the beta at the moment - thanks for the help once again guys and merry Christmas 

That's fair enough, do a factory reset and let us know if it improves, if not we can see if there is anything else we can suggest. You're very welcome, Merry Christmas!