will there be a more powerful netduma R2?

hello. i was on here before because i was having issues with my xr500, it was disconnecting me. I went and got it replaced a second time (first time the first equipment was defective) and the new new one still had the same issue, so i waited for the duma 3.0 beta which fixed my disconnection issues. Now this equipment which is not even 1 year old got damaged, i did some changes on my GEO filter turned it off and when i turned back on the power light remains orange without change. So my options right now besides getting the replacement or better yet my refurnished XR500 is, either getting ASUS or Netduma. But i have too many devices and i need something powerful in means of specs. the R2 falls short on the specs compared to the XR500 but i refused to buy another netgear product. 

any suggestions?

dont get me wrong i love dumaos.

edit: i take half of this back lol

My setup is Modem >R2 >(xr500) in access point mode

The wifi on the r2 is disabled. I also have other devices connected directly to r2 using the spare ethernet ports.

And that would be my suggestion to you.

17 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

My setup is Modem >R2 >(xr500) in access point mode

The wifi on the r2 is disabled. I also have other devices connected directly to r2 using the spare ethernet ports.

And that would be my suggestion to you.

i dont need a modem i connect to the frontier ONT box. my issues is netgear equipment always been faulty, this is my 3rd one and i am about to receive my 4th one. Connection was fine but equipment gave up and it is not even a year old.

• Administrators

You can most likely recover the use of the XR by upgrading the firmware via the TFTP method which bypasses the boot process:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

There won't be a more powerful R2 no, not long since we released it and it is our first all owned (hardware & software) router so will likely be a little while before we upgrade it. 

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can most likely recover the use of the XR by upgrading the firmware via the TFTP method which bypasses the boot process:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

There won't be a more powerful R2 no, not long since we released it and it is our first all owned (hardware & software) router so will likely be a little while before we upgrade it. 

my xr500 wont do anything the power light remains orange and i cant login. i tried reseting and everything but it wont do nothing else. i am getting the replacement tomorrow

31 minutes ago, OnlineGamer said:

my xr500 wont do anything the power light remains orange and i cant login. i tried reseting and everything but it wont do nothing else. i am getting the replacement tomorrow

I noticed you said you turned it off, how often do you turn the router off ?

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, OnlineGamer said:

You don't need to be able to access the interface to use the TFTP method which is why it is perfect for your situation so I would suggest trying it.

You don't need to turn off the router when you change a setting.

14 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Turning routers on and off is stressful as is updating, its best to keep the router always powered up and normally only required after an update or if something out of the ordinary shows up. 

only reason why i did that was because i noticed the changes i would make wouldnt either take effect or make things wonky.

23 minutes ago, OnlineGamer said:

only reason why i did that was because i noticed the changes i would make wouldnt either take effect or make things wonky.

That might be worth starting a thread if you have issues to see if you can get help. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't need to be able to access the interface to use the TFTP method which is why it is perfect for your situation so I would suggest trying it.

i keep getting connect request failed after trying to do the tftp  

ps. edit**

nvm got it lol but sadly it remains the same solid orange. i am going to try one time but i doubt it will do anything

35 minutes ago, Newfie said:

That might be worth starting a thread if you have issues to see if you can get help. 

2 hours ago, OnlineGamer said:

nvm frazer i got it working, you have to wait a couple of seconds after it turns solid orange to solid white. or maybe it was that i was using the beta firmware. 

thank you frazer

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

hey should i do a factory reset after uploading the beta on the router?