Geo filter on Xbox - no voice chat after time

9 hours ago, Jake993 said:

When I use geo filter it’s fine for about a few hours. Then I lose all coms in Xbox party. I need to turn off geo filter and power cycle router/console to get friends voices back in Xbox party...why?

This is a known issue we're still investigating and trying to resolve.

Have you tried adding your Allowing your friends when they pop-up on your Geo-filter map? This seems to resolve the issue usually

On 12/17/2020 at 7:25 AM, Netduma Liam said:

This is a known issue we're still investigating and trying to resolve.

Have you tried adding your Allowing your friends when they pop-up on your Geo-filter map? This seems to resolve the issue usually

How can I isolate them to find which ones they are? I’m now having issues where people are coming into my

games when they should not be. It’s not actually firewalling people out. 

• Administrators

Invite them to your game/party and look at the Geo-Filter with it fully zoomed out, you should see an icon appear on the map, click that (you may need to disable Auto Ping first) and on the ping panel that appears give it a name and click allow. 

Could you clarify the second part please, what do you mean people are entering your games when they shouldn't be?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Invite them to your game/party and look at the Geo-Filter with it fully zoomed out, you should see an icon appear on the map, click that (you may need to disable Auto Ping first) and on the ping panel that appears give it a name and click allow. 

Could you clarify the second part please, what do you mean people are entering your games when they shouldn't be?

I have it set to a small radius in the ocean. I have two consoles filtering to match with each other for a private peer 2 peer connection. I gave others coming into it when they shouldn’t be. Like a 4v4 match using two consoles both filtering but every now and again I get someone who’s not in that radius. There’s no way someone is in the middle of the Antarctic. So why is it doing this?  I want to limit it to just search for the other console. 

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Jake993 said:

I have it set to a small radius in the ocean. I have two consoles filtering to match with each other for a private peer 2 peer connection. I gave others coming into it when they shouldn’t be. Like a 4v4 match using two consoles both filtering but every now and again I get someone who’s not in that radius. There’s no way someone is in the middle of the Antarctic. So why is it doing this?  I want to limit it to just search for the other console. 

That's not the intended use of the Geo-Filter and not how the game will work exactly. You're most likely making a connection through one of the peers to a server which is allowing other people in.

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's not the intended use of the Geo-Filter and not how the game will work exactly. You're most likely making a connection through one of the peers to a server which is allowing other people in.

This game is just peer. It used to work like this flawlessly before the beta. 

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Jake993 said:

This game is just peer. It used to work like this flawlessly before the beta. 

What game is it that you're playing? If you're referring to Destiny it does also use servers. Go back to pre-beta and see if it still works

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What game is it that you're playing? If you're referring to Destiny it does also use servers. Go back to pre-beta and see if it still works

I just did, and it seems to work just fine. Only issue is it’s favoring one console over the other. I am trying to make private matches in public game modes. It’s matching the same console first every time. 

On 12/19/2020 at 5:04 PM, Jake993 said:

I just did, and it seems to work just fine. Only issue is it’s favoring one console over the other. I am trying to make private matches in public game modes. It’s matching the same console first every time. 

Is one of the consoles an Xbox Series X? Because I was having this problem. The Xbox Series X doesnt seem to work correctly for what you are trying to do. And yes we get it. "Its not designed for that." But it does work that way. Especially with stock firmware.

On 12/25/2020 at 8:11 PM, ktaylor2 said:

Is one of the consoles an Xbox Series X? Because I was having this problem. The Xbox Series X doesnt seem to work correctly for what you are trying to do. And yes we get it. "Its not designed for that." But it does work that way. Especially with stock firmware.

Yes! One is the series X! Message me? If possible.