Incorrect password

DatBoyRoy

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have any devices that you can connect to the R2 via ethernet? Some users have even reported that you can do this through the browser of a console.

Once you've connected via a wired connection, you can login to the routers interface through your browser by navigating to 192.168.77.1 and entering the default credentials found on the underside of the router.

You can then go to Network settings -> WiFi and change the password here.

I am having the same problem. My wifi picks up the router but keeps saying the password is incorrect. Did a factory reset twice, still getting the same results. Have internet to my xbox going directly to it from shared internet from computer but not through router

7 hours ago, DatBoyRoy said:

I have devices but they are way too far away for one to connect so i bought a longer one on Amazon it will be here tomorrow i will try it then and get back to you

A little tip, you can set a router up without needing to be connected to your internet if you wish to test getting into the UI. Simply move router close to pc, use cable supplied and then enter the IP address to access the interface. If you know the required info you may have been able to get it up and running that way.

9 hours ago, Superman8026 said:

I am having the same problem. My wifi picks up the router but keeps saying the password is incorrect. Did a factory reset twice, still getting the same results. Have internet to my xbox going directly to it from shared internet from computer but not through router

As above! If you setup the R2 over a wired connection initially, you can then change the WiFi password in the network settings.

9 hours ago, DatBoyRoy said:

I cant get a connection to internet with it hook up

Are you using a wired connection? i.e your PC is connected directly to your R2 via a cable?

Are you able to access the R2's interface this way?

Make sure you reboot the ISP modem/router after you've setup the R2, this helps from time to time.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, DatBoyRoy said:

Yes i am wired into it directly into the r2 and no i have no internet connection at so i cant load the interface or anything to do with the internet is a driver i need for the r2

You don't need an internet connection to access the interface, what happens when you try to load 192.168.77.1 in the web browser?