New ISP router

Tappy

18 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Have you disabled the WiFi on the Vodafone router?

Sorry about the delay. I had to dig my laptop out to connect via ethernet.

WiFi is off and I'm still getting the same problem.20201216_055809.thumb.jpg.8afcac11fae0bcbff2c836d650f85ee5.jpg

I've just been looking this up. It's been a while since I did this. Is it the wan ip I needed. If so, will it stay static. If not, where can I find the R1s Mac address?

28 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

I'm not sure why that hasn't worked, have you spoken with Vodafone about this? I don't have any experience with their products so can't best advise you on configuring it.

I just wanted to clarify that you read this other post. It worked with the wan IP but not the router IP.

5 hours ago, Tappy said:

I've just been looking this up. It's been a while since I did this. Is it the wan ip I needed. If so, will it stay static. If not, where can I find the R1s Mac address?

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

This depends on the ISP and if they have a set schedule for re-issuing IPs etc

When adding the wan IP, the info provided by the router asks me to make the IP static. That's why I asking for the R1s Mac address.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Tappy said:

When adding the wan IP, the info provided by the router asks me to make the IP static. That's why I asking for the R1s Mac address.

You can find the MAC address on the sticker on the underside of the router or depending on your firmware version it may say this in Settings > WAN

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can find the MAC address on the sticker on the underside of the router or depending on your firmware version it may say this in Settings > WAN

In the settings the Mac address is empty. There are 2 Mac address on the bottom of my R1. Which one is it?