CW SBMM

N3CR0

It's interesting they found higher ping on the higher skilled accounts. I either get connected to a local server in Australia and ping 20-30ms in-game, or after it takes too long to find me a game it'll put me on a server in Asia somewhere, giving me 115-130ms.

Even when I'm on a local server most games feel like it's over 100ms but if I join someone's session the games they find play better for me despite having the same ping, I don't understand. The matchmaking is definitely sacrificing connection quality of my opponents to match me with equally skilled ones. This used to happen in AW (but a lot worse) where 90% of my games were vs a mixture of players from asian with 4-5KD but my partner could find a local game instantly with her 0.8KD on the same connection...

its interesting but makes sense if you think about it. cod prioritizes their sbmm servers over ping. so i live in NC but i ping KC, Dallas, and Seattle before i Ping a non SBMM server like Miami which  is the closest server to me