Pppoe setup

marvel999

Hi guys, I know this topic has probably been asked 1000's of times but I'm at a loss. I'm trying to set my r2 to handle pppoe but cant get it working? I have an hg612 3b unlocked, Lan port1 to wan port on r2, I have pppoe username/password from isp (vodafone) and confirmed it's a pppoe service. Once I change to pppoe in r2 network settings it will not connect to internet? Says Wan is disconnected? I've aslo tried  using the pppoe username/password in the hg612 and set it to route mode and still nothing? I'm I missing something really obvious? Can anyone help pls.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Enter it in and apply, it may just need a simple reboot after that. If not do you know if they require a service name? If they do you'll need to update to the latest firmware to enter that (recommend you upgrade anyway) https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/ do a factory reset after the update also.

Thanks for the swift reply. I've confirmed with Vodafone no service name is required, I'm also using the new firmware version on the r2. I dont think I'm missing anything on setup but just wanted to check if there was I daft thing I was missing. Also is it best to have pppoe on the modem or the r2? Thanks

If you put the PPPoE details on the modem, you will then need to switch the R2 to DHCP mode because only one of the two needs the details entered. 

Just to rule it out, are you certain the PPPoE login details are correct? Have you been able to connect to anything before with those details?

Be sure to reboot after any changes made to the R2 or the Modem and let us know the results!

Hi Liam, I've been on the phone to Vodafone a couple of times today to check my login credentials I've checked them and all correct. I have tried these details on the r2 and on the hg612 pppoe setting and nothing, no connection. When in the hg612 the r2 was handing the DHCP and vise versa which now leads me to believe it's my login details.. Vodafone wont help!. Any of you guys ever experienced anything like this?

Good Afternoon Fraser hope all is well. So after speaking to Vodafone again they realized they had given me the wrong login details Twice! I have the HG setup as pppoe via Lan 2 port and it connects fine, However once i change to Lan 1 on the HG and WAN on the R2  it wont establish a connection? I have rebooted both devises but nothing? The R2 is set for DHCP as the HG is handling the pppoe. The R2 has the latest firmware. Any advice on anything ive done wrong would be great.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, marvel999 said:

Good Afternoon Fraser hope all is well. So after speaking to Vodafone again they realized they had given me the wrong login details Twice! I have the HG setup as pppoe via Lan 2 port and it connects fine, However once i change to Lan 1 on the HG and WAN on the R2  it wont establish a connection? I have rebooted both devises but nothing? The R2 is set for DHCP as the HG is handling the pppoe. The R2 has the latest firmware. Any advice on anything ive done wrong would be great.

Okay that is fine, leave it in LAN 2, from what I read LAN 1 and LAN 2 served different purposes but it may not apply to you., there would be no benefit to switching ports anyway. Ridiculous they gave you the wrong information but glad it is all working now!