Connection drops R2

Andpodepah

Hey!

What's the frequency of these drops? Are we talking every few hours or days?

Do you know if you are still able to connect through the ISP router when these drops occur?

You could try setting a static IP address for the R2 on the ISP router, in case this is a DHCP lease issue.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Hey!

What's the frequency of these drops? Are we talking every few hours or days?

Do you know if you are still able to connect through the ISP router when these drops occur?

You could try setting a static IP address for the R2 on the ISP router, in case this is a DHCP lease issue.

dude ... twice a week on wifi ... via cable sometimes it goes offline and after minutes it connects again.
ISP modem is in bridge. so in this case I can only connect via R2.

2 minutes ago, Andpodepah said:

dude ... twice a week on wifi ... via cable sometimes it goes offline and after minutes it connects again.
ISP modem is in bridge. so in this case I can only connect via R2.

OK, have you done any testing with the modem not in bridge? 

In this scenario you could put the R2 in the modem's DMZ and hopefully this would resolve these drops.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Andpodepah said:

@Netduma Liam

humm etendi.
I thought bridge mode was the best option.
I'll leave the isp modem as DHCP then and test. however I will disable the wifi of the isp modem so as not to conflict. the other isp modem options like; upnp, firewall is it necessary to disable?

Depending on the model of modem/router bridge mode isn't always the best. In this scenario it is worth trying the DMZ instead. I would suggest disabling those options as well yes, the R2 has an inbuilt firewall so you're still protected.