XR 1000 weak signal on 5G

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Under advances settings for WiFi  is there no HT bandwidth settings. If you could post another pic that would be great.

on the drop down could you please try 2165 as that should be 80HT. Don’t forget to apply setting. The WiFi will reboot.

433 is HT20, 1000 is HT40, 2165 is HT80 and 4330 is HT160, @Netduma Fraser can you confirm this please.

I believe you're right, well done for getting that sorted!

Can they be made to be in sync?

i am confused by this post why the wireless settings when changed (80hz) why we would manually need to fix the advance settings?

do we all need to this now? Can the correct settings be automated to match the wireless hz setting in next firmware ? Thanks for clarifying 

2 minutes ago, oroechimaru said:

Can they be made to be in sync?

i am confused by this post why the wireless settings when changed (80hz) why we would manually need to fix the advance settings?

do we all need to this now? Can the correct settings be automated to match the wireless hz setting in next firmware ? Thanks for clarifying 

These settings are found in every router. It’s a user option but HT160 which some routers offer is not great as not many devices support it. There is no automation in any router for bandwidth.

I use HT80 (2400)... 

so does each user then have to manually change their overrides on advance settings? if so for ht80 on 2.4ghz and 5.2ghz what specifically do we need to set ? I am just wondering why if you change your bandwidth to 80hz, why you would manually need to adjust any "Advance settings" instead of it being in sync? Maybe I am not understanding the issue being discussed but am now worried I have it (due to bufferbloat ) 

I would imagine 5Ghz is set to 80Mhz as standard and 2.4 set to 20Mhz. 

on the 2.4 you have coexistence tab, if this is ticked and you select 40Mhz the router will default to 20Mhz if it picks up other channels to cut down interference and to help improve performance. 40Mhz should only be used if no other channels are being used around you and as long as that tab is ticked you are good to go. There is no 80Mhz on 2.4.

5Ghz is different as it has a shorter coverage and you have more channels.

Bandwith is channel bonding, the more channels the more capacity is a simple way of describing it. 

I can safely say you don’t need to worry, yours is set right and working as intended.