Cold war + Geofilter

Should I use it? Whenever I do use it I'm getting "unable to join party (3)" even queuing solo. It goes away when it's off. I would not be the least bit surprised if it was the game. But I haven't noticed any games really far away or anything, they usually are all on the east coast which is my region. 

I have considered using ping assist instead

• Administrators

Do you ever get a game when using Filtering Mode or does that message always happen? We are still looking into the issue and so far have only been able to reproduce when changing our location/settings whilst already on the game - is this something you do? If so you'll need to have it set prior to booting up the game. If you don't do that then if your games are close then you could try without it while we investigate.

@Netduma FraserOn BO Cold War u can change ur location settings while in-game i have noticed the game pings almost after every match all the servers of COD (after the match has finished. 

Filtering mode does work u get the "unable to join party" because u try connecting only to the servers u have selected so the game will try to connect at that area that you have covered but if all the servers there are full u will get rejected and get the notification.

Mine does work on filtering mode even if i have selected only around my city (Amsterdam, NL) with a radius of 100km but sometimes i get the "unable to join party" because the servers are full.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma FraserOn BO Cold War u can change ur location settings while in-game i have noticed the game pings almost after every match all the servers of COD (after the match has finished. 

Filtering mode does work u get the "unable to join party" because u try connecting only to the servers u have selected so the game will try to connect at that area that you have covered but if all the servers there are full u will get rejected and get the notification.

Mine does work on filtering mode even if i have selected only around my city (Amsterdam, NL) with a radius of 100km but sometimes i get the "unable to join party" because the servers are full.

Interesting, thank you very much for the information! That has never happened before so wondering if they've limited the amount of servers.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you ever get a game when using Filtering Mode or does that message always happen? We are still looking into the issue and so far have only been able to reproduce when changing our location/settings whilst already on the game - is this something you do? If so you'll need to have it set prior to booting up the game. If you don't do that then if your games are close then you could try without it while we investigate.

I'm pretty sure it's the game. I haven't tried all of that but I played with filtering off and was still getting the issue even with open nat. 

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, djhixson88 said:

I'm pretty sure it's the game. I haven't tried all of that but I played with filtering off and was still getting the issue even with open nat. 

It was still showing you that error? Okay that's good news thank you! We will investigate and see if it is anything we can solve. Does it happen direct to ISP router also?

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It was still showing you that error? Okay that's good news thank you! We will investigate and see if it is anything we can solve. Does it happen direct to ISP router also?

I haven't tried that. Haven't thought to since it's just a modem 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

I haven't tried that. Haven't thought to since it's just a modem 

If you don't mind trying that that would really help us narrow down the cause of that and whether it is us or not. Don't worry if not as we will investigate.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you don't mind trying that that would really help us narrow down the cause of that and whether it is us or not. Don't worry if not as we will investigate.

So I was able to get into matches with no problems five or six times. 

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Would you normally have had the error by that point?

I'll be 100% I don't usually pay attention as to when. Though it doesn't normally take long. So I'll go with yes.