Firmware Version??

CrossFitKila717

Hello all!

Two things.......I just got my R2 this past week so I’m assuming it’s the current firmware version.... but it shows nothing where it should be listed (the version is blank).

Also, having issues with games not connecting with Geofilter on. Playing Cold War and have tried all settings..... Even factory reset and won’t connect to a game. I connect fine with spectating mode. 

Thanks

• Administrators

You can find the latest version here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

You can double check if you're on the latest from the top right of the interface or on the System Information page.

What device are you playing the game on and how have you added the device to the Geo-Filter?

Thank you for the very quick response!

I’ll have to checked the top right corner since for some reason, the version is blank under the system information page??

I’m playing on Xbox1, and have added my home location, then booted up game. I’ve even rebooted router and console several different occasions after attempting more tries. I’ve also adjusted the radius to over 500 miles, tried forcing different locations to no avail. Even when I did connect, I’d typically get one round in and I’d get disconnected from the server when the next round was loading up. Noticed that everyone I’d get disconnected, a blocked player symbol would pop up “outside” my radius which shouldn’t matter but looks to have an effect. I remember this happening before and you said it was an authentication server and I’d have to allow it. But this shows a player? Plus it shouldn’t matter since it’s outside my radius. Also Force Flushed the cloud and no difference. 

First pic is just the setup “without” console booted up so you can see my setup. 

Second pic you can see no information for either version. 

Third pic was me booting up game as everything seemed to look and work perfectly..... even let me into a game this time. THEN, when another round was loading up, it kicked me out and the Fourth pic is what I see when this happens. 

Something is definitely screwy.... I’ve been using Duma for years so I’m pretty well versed on all the tricks. Can’t figure this one out. Oh, and I’m using the default settings as far as Strict Mode “on”, etc  

DE011D5F-7843-4A15-A75F-E8F388C2DF37.jpeg

AF21DB84-5A09-4F74-8F07-FC7B42CEA686.jpeg

67408CDF-CAEC-43F3-B578-8AD48A1228D7.jpeg

1BEF42B9-9610-44A2-A224-084B29B5C263.jpeg

• Administrators

Thanks for all that. So I think it could be because you're using Safari, could you try Firefox or Google Chrome please? If your version is .123 then upgrade to the one I linked, then factory reset and see if it performs better then.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

How am I supposed to know what version I have??? Why is it missing? Is it because of Safari or are you talking about the disconnect problem?

I think it's due to Safari that it isn't showing so if you try Firefox/Chrome then you'll be able to see and if needed you can do the update and we can go from there.

51 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think it's due to Safari that it isn't showing so if you try Firefox/Chrome then you'll be able to see and if needed you can do the update and we can go from there.

Awesome, thank you sir. Will try and keep you posted. 

Have you tried a factory reset yet?

you can still download the latest version and install and then perform a factory reset.

The only way to update is from downloading the file so if it’s still on the firmware version that came with the router it could do with updating manually followed by a reset.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

That’s odd to me since I just bought the router? Shouldn’t it have come with the latest and greatest?

The latest update wasn't released too long ago so in order to ensure stability we won't ship them with the latest immediately.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Oh gotcha. What’s the main differences with the update? 

You can see the main change log of what is included since the release version here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

Updated the firmware and now it shows as it should. 

So, as far as the disconnects go.......I found it’s happening only when the Geofilter is on. Problem stops when in spectating mode.  What all could be causing this? As I said earlier, it happens in conjunction with a blocked server/person popping up “outside” my radius during lobby loading into a match. 

I just get booted from the lobby and it coincides with a blocked server/person outside my radius. It’s only the game/router with geofilter, my internet is fine. Sometimes I can then join a new lobby but sometimes I can’t until I turn off the Geo. 

Sometimes I can play a few rounds before it happens again. 

• Administrators

Okay so it is likely that the server is required for online play and we may need to whitelist it, could you provide the ID of that server please? Also when it happens add it to your allow list and see if it happens again. You may need to allow a few times as there are clusters of servers in the same location responsible for this.