party chat on xbox not working now

aaroneous8989

hello, I posted earlier about double nat problems, but thankfully, I've had that resolved. I am still currently having an issue that I was having when it was giving me double nat. I'll invite or join a xbox live party with my friends, and all there is is silence for a couple minutes, then it just kicks me from party telling me to check my nat type. I have tried spectating mode first, didn't fix that, I've manually ported the forts on my netduma for xbox, and it's still not working. I do have an open nat now though, on all my consoles. and this is an issue on them all.

• Administrators

This is something we are actively looking into at the moment, from reports from other people if you downgrade to the original firmware then it will work. However, try these suggestions before you resort to that step:

• Disable IPv6 in WAN & LAN
  • Disable Syn Flood Protection in WAN
  • Disable Adblocker
  • Disable QoS entirely from the Congestion Control menu

I do not have ipv6 through my internet provider, it has not been made available to this location yet. I do not see syn flood protection in WAN, I may be over looking it, Do not know where adblocker is, and the QoS and geo filter is the main reasons I purchased this router. Any help with some of the things that I mentioned I may have over looked? Also, is there really no phone number for tech support with yall? Would be nice to actually speak with someone instead of having to wait most the day for replies to questions. If not, that's fine, just wondering. Also, I just tried disabling QoS and that is also not working. Game chat works fine, party chat does not.

18 hours ago, aaroneous8989 said:

hello, I posted earlier about double nat problems, but thankfully, I've had that resolved. I am still currently having an issue that I was having when it was giving me double nat. I'll invite or join a xbox live party with my friends, and all there is is silence for a couple minutes, then it just kicks me from party telling me to check my nat type. I have tried spectating mode first, didn't fix that, I've manually ported the forts on my netduma for xbox, and it's still not working. I do have an open nat now though, on all my consoles. and this is an issue on them all.

Xbox Party Chat doesn't work for everyone who has an Xbox and a Netdum R1 router with DumaOS 2 or 3.0, I also heard that it doesn't work on the original software either. You have to wait for Team Netduma to graciously fix this bug for all Xbox users.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, aaroneous8989 said:
R1 2.1.3.29

this is the current firmware I have.

You could try downgrading to .6j pre-DumaOS and see if it helps. Otherwise I can give you access to 3.0 and you can see if the suggestions I made help at all.

How do I downgrade the firmware back to the original, factory reset? IF so, will this affect anything as far as internet connectivity since my current isp modem is in bridge mode. Also, is what the guy the posted before your response, what he said, if that's true, why should i downgrade? You didn't acknowledge whether what he said  was true or false, so I just have to ask.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, aaroneous8989 said:

How do I downgrade the firmware back to the original, factory reset? IF so, will this affect anything as far as internet connectivity since my current isp modem is in bridge mode. Also, is what the guy the posted before your response, what he said, if that's true, why should i downgrade? You didn't acknowledge whether what he said  was true or false, so I just have to ask.

In the 3 dot's in the top right of the interface, click that then upload this file to downgrade: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5k4pnnaxw7zkel6/R1-v-1-03-6i.sig?dl=0

No it shouldn't affect bridge mode if you gave the R1 a static/reserved IP on the modem.

We are looking at the issue yes to provide a fix. We did have reports that the original version worked but I can't say for certain if it definitely will. Regarding the suggestions I gave above, those are suggestions I've just thought of after thinking about the issue for awhile so they haven't been tried yet.

I've given you access to the 3.0 beta if you want to try it with my suggestions: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/

Ok, got the newest firmware, connected back tot he internet, but now I have a moderate nat type, upnp unsuccessful. Tried refreshing nat type, rebooting xbox, still moderate. Do I need to put the new WAN IP of the netduma in the dmz of the isp modem, even though the modem is bridged?

nvm, I just went into my isp modem, and since it is in bridge mode, I do not have access to the dmz function anymore. Perhaps my xbox ip address into the netduma's dmz?

I've disabled upnp in the netduma and manually ported the ports for my xbox, still moderate, network is behind a port restricted nat now. I've also tried not using port fowarding and just using upnp, and still modereate, port restricted nat. I'm all out of idea on my end

edit: Got my nat open by going wireless with it. but still having the same party chat problems with it. just says network error. I'm about to just switch back to my isp modem and put away the netduma and be done with it. But I love the features with the router, just frustrated that's the router is keeping my from an enjoyable experience with my friends.

• 1 month later...

I also have this issue.

I haven’t upgraded to DumaOS 3.0 yet.

I am on firmware version 1.03.6j

Originally there was a problem having party chat with a friend who was on PC but the rest of my Xbox one friends could hear him. We had to go to game chat.

There was quite a large Xbox One update I October or November and now I can’t hear anyone at all. I get kicked after a few minutes. So I have no Xbox to Xbox user comms except in game chat and that’s not always possible.

it’s a real pain when gaming.

This is the same on my new Xbox Series X, so it is common to both consoles.

Like the OP I am about to give up and start using my Virginmedia Hub3.0 b but I don’t want to do this. Can you help before I give up on the R1? 

thanks

• Administrators

We haven't found any workarounds currently to advise people on as it doesn't appear to be to do with the Geo-Filter, you could try disabling QoS entirely but until we get a fix I don't think there is much that can be done.

Hi, im having the same issue, cant get party chat to work, i thought i might be able to fix it by opting out of my isp providers CGNAT scheme and upgrade to a static IP thinking it would allow either upnp or portforwarding to work. 

Outcome no change and xbox chat is still not working, also as party chat is natively ipv6 now not being provided an ipv6 address seams to be the problem, however the toredo tunneling seams to be correcting triggering the upnp on port 3074 (thats the only port that seams to show on the netduma when viewing the setting)

Im observing a strange behaviour in that my current set up is providing me excellent in game connection with 20ms ping to cod severs and it being very stable with no jitter. Best consistent connection in games ive had for a long time, severao years actually, but my friends are telling me the can understand me when i talk in game chat coz my chat is lagging so much illegible. 

This is very odd coz my connection Is more then capable 50/20 mbps and im the only user and has congestion control giving me a+  and geo filters disabled, and console is connected by lan cable, and  chat works fine when not using the netduma. Well party chat works properly only the first time the console is turned on after the isp router is powered on and settings changed as appropriate, but as soon as the console is turned off or restated the only way to connect to xbox live is a power cycle of every device in the chain.  (Which is australia on nbn is 3 devices, the nbn connection box, the isp modem router, and then the xbox series x console) and removing the power from eaxh every time is just to much fart arsing around its really putting me of wanting to play. 

If i can provide you with anything that might help you identify and troubleshoot this problem id be happy to help,

i was about to create a post about this problem.

since i have a netduma i cant joint a party, when i join a party or create i got two diferente error . 

yesterday i was doing some tests and was able to create a party (disable geo filter) without any error but if someone joins the party i got one of those errors. 0x89231041 and 0x8923106C

- Nat type pen

-All ports open 

-I have done this:

• Disable IPv6 in WAN & LAN
  • Disable Syn Flood Protection in WAN
  • Disable Adblocker
  • Disable QoS entirely from the Congestion Control menu

- Tried the firmare version 1 and 2.

-Xbox IP on DMZ-

-Netduma on ISP router DMZ.

and the problem didn't go away.

i have replaced the netduma with a cheapest asus (asus rt-n12) just to test it and i didn't have any problems with the xbox party.

i really don't know what to do anymore

EDIT: i have tried this and did't workout.

• Administrators

We are aware of the issue and we are looking into it. I believe it will require a firmware fix as we've not found any settings that affect it so far. I realize it is an annoying issue but we're working on it, if there is anything we need to help us we'll let you know.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We are aware of the issue and we are looking into it. I believe it will require a firmware fix as we've not found any settings that affect it so far. I realize it is an annoying issue but we're working on it, if there is anything we need to help us we'll let you know.

i don't if this helps but....

when i create a party whith geofilter off netduma is blocking servers as you can see in the pic, and two seconds after i got the party chat error.

geoON.thumb.png.06ac0a29015629dfc0364dbcc9afbb2c.png

when i create a party with geofilter ON netduma don't block server and i create a party with no problems but if someone joins the party i got the errors.

BTW, im from portugal

geoOFF.png

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Pedrofr said:

i don't if this helps but....

when i create a party whith geofilter off netduma is blocking servers as you can see in the pic, and two seconds after i got the party chat error.

when i create a party with geofilter ON netduma don't block server and i create a party with no problems but if someone joins the party i got the errors.

BTW, im from portugal

Thanks for the comments but they're just the CoD servers that you're blocking/allowing on boot up, not related to party chat unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the comments but they're just the CoD servers that you're blocking/allowing on boot up, not related to party chat unfortunately.

are you sure? beacuse im not runing any game in those pictures

• Administrators

So the game isn't even loading up in the background? They're in the locations exactly almost of where the CoD servers are. Either way if the Geo-Filter is off and you're still getting errors/unable to chat then it isn't a Geo-Filter issue.

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2021 at 11:21 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the report, we will continue to take a look at it. Happy New Year!

Any update on this issue? I've just managed to get a few games with my friends and can't join the Party Chat, or when I do, I get disconnected, u know the usual errors the people above have been saying......

BUT!!!!

When I turn off QoS it's seems to work but only intermittently 🤔

Played in Gamechat all night, which is horrible, not tried playing the Xbox when Netflix or YouTube is on in the other rooms, not looking forward to it at all 😥