Slow internet via LAN

Alpha

I have recently purchased the Netduma R2. I am excited about the product but I dont seem to have a difference in my connection. while playing COD looking at replace it seems that my gameplay still lags. Some hit markers are not ever registering and every so often I have players glitch. I have my PS4 prioritized to receive 300mps of download bandwidth and 10mps upload. I want to get the experience I heard so much about and convinced me to buy the product. this is my first gaming router. Please help. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You definitely don't need to give it that much bandwidth, games use less than 1Mbps in most cases. What settings are you using for QoS & Geo-Filter? Have you followed the main tour and any of the feature specific tours at all?

• Administrators

At some point I would recommend you upgrade to the latest firmware here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

The ping from coast to coast in the US will differ quite a bit so I would recommend you restrict that to your state and a few around you for a better connection.

Could you provide the results from a Connection Benchmark test please?

• 2 weeks later...

When I bring the congestion percentage down, it limits my connection with the ps4 and doesn't seem to fix the issue. regardless of if I have the congestion control high or low it doesn't seem to share the remaining bandwidth to the other devices and the wifi connection on my phone is slower than ever and I increase my bandwidth with my service provider since buying the NetdumaR2.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Alpha said:

When I bring the congestion percentage down, it limits my connection with the ps4 and doesn't seem to fix the issue. regardless of if I have the congestion control high or low it doesn't seem to share the remaining bandwidth to the other devices and the wifi connection on my phone is slower than ever and I increase my bandwidth with my service provider since buying the NetdumaR2.

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

also there is only one good server for CODCW in my area.

Have you disabled Share Excess for Bandwidth Allocation? Are ALL devices connected to the R2? The Geo-Filter doesn't have to be set to just your states but some around it to give you options.

Could you share a screenshot of what your bandwidth allocation is for download?

Have you run auto-setup at any point? This will take out a lot of the guess work with congestion control, just set it to auto-enable after running the auto setup!

Could you also share a screenshot of traffic prioritization at the bottom of the QoS page?

Just to relay what Fraser has suggested, it will also be worth upgrading your R2 to .179 at some stage, as this may help with the issues your experiencing with QoS, as well as other improvements generally.

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

When using auto set up, it reduces both to 1%. It seems when I reduce it, it limits my internet all together.

It sounds like Auto-setup is misreading your connection. I'd suggest you set both sliders to around 70% and test the results.

It may also be worth adding the console manually in Traffic prioritisation and turn off 'DumaOS classified games', then retest.