Total Connection Loss

Unfinished

I've gone back to mirrored and the R2 now shows on the Mac wifi network.

I don't see the 5G signal on device manager, but the R2 light for this frequency is flashing, it might be that no devices are connected due to location in the house, but it's not there any more.

Edit: I should add, that this is not a big issue for me, as the whole system appears to be working otherwise.

Thanks for the help so far.

• Administrators

I think what would need to happen is after splitting them and giving them different names is to do a reboot and see if they're available then. 5GHz will only show when a device is using it - so either when using mirror mode the router has determined it needs more bandwidth or if you connect it manually to 5GHz.

I was just about to say it's ok for now, but I've just had a dropout, strangely a partial dropout of both LAN and wifi, with partial wifi connectivity and partial LAN connectivity.

For example, with two Xboxes in use, both on LAN, LAN port 4 dropped, but LAN port 3 stayed up.

This is definitely an R2 issue, but you guys would now better if it's hardware or firmware being the cause.

Edit: Just to add that I lost access to the OS interface too, but I've now power cycled and it's back up, for how long, who knows?

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Unfinished said:

I was just about to say it's ok for now, but I've just had a dropout, strangely a partial dropout of both LAN and wifi, with partial wifi connectivity and partial LAN connectivity.

For example, with two Xboxes in use, both on LAN, LAN port 4 dropped, but LAN port 3 stayed up.

This is definitely an R2 issue, but you guys would now better if it's hardware or firmware being the cause.

Edit: Just to add that I lost access to the OS interface too, but I've now power cycled and it's back up, for how long, who knows?

Damn sorry to hear that. We do have a firmware being tested at the moment so hopefully we can get that out shortly and will provide more stability. Meanwhile I've got a few more suggestions

• In DHCP Lease change the hours to 165 (may have done already)
  • Disable Syn Flood Protection in Settings
  • Move the R2 away from any electrical devices as EMI may affect it

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Unfinished said:

I can't get the R2 much further away, there's a phone, modem, power line wifi extender and NAS all within about five feet.

165 or 168? I have 168.

Syn Flood Protection has now been disabled.

Sorry 168 yes. Okay as long as it isn't surrounded like within a ruler distance for example. Keep us posted!

I really appreciate the help so far and can see that you must be inundated right now, but I thought I'd add that I've disconnected a TP Link wifi extender that might have had an intermittent connection. On device manager, I could see devices dropping in and out and moving from the extender on the LAN to disconnected. So far, the network looks much more stable and if it stays the same, could be considered almost fixed, but that still begs the questions of which is at fault, the TP-Link or the R2 connection to it.

It might be a red herring, but there a several variables in addition to what appears to be a firmware issue.

Another issue is that using a reserved IP for my NAS still results in it disconnecting and not reappearing, but I can always access it via the web interface at its assigned IP address, it's just not available on the network, perhaps assigning it a fixed IP might work.

• Administrators

What is the specific model of the NAS? I don't suppose using a different cable or port makes it work? Okay thanks for letting me know, hopefully the next version will prove to be more stable, shouldn't be long for that I don't think.

Something that I noticed about the LAN ports (same with both R2s I've tried), is the physical port sizes seem very slightly smaller than other devices, making the connection with the LAN connectors very tight. It's possibly this that caused a drop out on one of my Xboxes, as after I swapped port, all was well.

I'll be replacing the cables with new Cat6 runs, so this might help in the future.

So now I have a handle on the devices and the QoS settings (still trying adjustments there), but still have the occasional dropped connections. Currently it's my access to the R2 interface and a power cycle will sort it out, but it isn't at all what I would consider to be stable. 

Hopefully a firmware update will resolve the issues.🤞

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Unfinished said:

So now I have a handle on the devices and the QoS settings (still trying adjustments there), but still have the occasional dropped connections. Currently it's my access to the R2 interface and a power cycle will sort it out, but it isn't at all what I would consider to be stable. 

Hopefully a firmware update will resolve the issues.🤞

Sorry about that, we are testing one at the moment and it seems to be relatively stable from what I've seen so far so hopefully we can get that out pretty quick.