Android support

GiorgosTT

I recently bought the R2 router. I spent some time to set it up properly and works like a charm. But when i try to use the Duma OS through my android phone, the router bugs, Geo filter stops from working properly and sometimes i totally lose internet connection. Am i doing something wrong?

Off topic: What is the use of the four antenna? Why 1 is not enough?

Thank you very much for your time!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We haven't optimized for mobile browsers as we're working on a mobile app. You can try it out by searching DumaOS in the app store.

1 antennae would not give full coverage of the home. Having 4 allows you to point the WiFi in all directions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We're glad to hear that everything is working as expected now. With regards to disabling geo-filter,  we've just checked this and it appears you're right. We have raised this with the devs to look into, in the meantime I would suggest deleting the profile from geo-filter.

@Netduma LiamLiam

Thank you for your answer! 

Let me explain the situation:

I play FIFA 21. My geo filter is set to allow connection only to the German server. 

But when i want to play a friendly with a friend, i need to turn the filter off, because friendly games in FIFA are played p2p. At the moment, I'm doing this through the PC browser. 

If i delete my profile, i will have to set it up from scratch. 

For some reason, since the update of the firmware, allowed IPs are still getting blocked when out of my polygon or cirlce. That's why i have to deactivate the filter. 

Guest Killhippie
16 hours ago, GiorgosTT said:

I downloaded the alpha version of the app. It is much better than the initial app. Most importantly, settings are fine. Geo filter settings work fine now. 

Edit: i can't completely deactivate the geo filter.

The Alpha version is the app you should be using, there is no initial app from what I know unless you meant the nighthawk app which isn't designed for DumaOS. I would suggest