Geo Filter Question

djhixson88

If I have filtering mode enabled, if somebody hosts, and it finds them a game outside my radius. Will i be kicked or will the geo filter still find games within my radius despite me not being party host? Something I've always wondered about. 

• Administrators

Most likely you will be kicked from the party and they will continue on into the server that the game chose for them. However, I think games are getting slightly better at trying to keep the whole group together so it could depend on whatever game you're playing as to what it might do.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Most likely you will be kicked from the party and they will continue on into the server that the game chose for them. However, I think games are getting slightly better at trying to keep the whole group together so it could depend on whatever game you're playing as to what it might do.

I gotcha, I didn't want to always have to be party host for us to play so I wasn't sure. 

@Netduma FraserHey there, i didn't want to open a new thread for my questions which are related to geo filter so thought to hop in here, hope it wont be an issue.

So i've set up geo filter, well used polygon mode to specify the area to filter, is there a way that you're being connected to servers or players from outside your area?

let say this picture i've attached, does that show that i am being connected to the server out side the filter, and also it takes Forever to get me in to the lobby, and once i get into a lobby i see packet loss signs every now and then.

out of curiosity asking, does internet connection matter for duma os to work properly? because tbh i've found it really hard for duma os to be working for me as it supposed to be 😕

i am here to answer any question you're going to ask so please ask so we can get to the solution.

20201107_144713.jpg

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Eefo said:

@Netduma FraserHey there, i didn't want to open a new thread for my questions which are related to geo filter so thought to hop in here, hope it wont be an issue.

So i've set up geo filter, well used polygon mode to specify the area to filter, is there a way that you're being connected to servers or players from outside your area?

let say this picture i've attached, does that show that i am being connected to the server out side the filter, and also it takes Forever to get me in to the lobby, and once i get into a lobby i see packet loss signs every now and then.

out of curiosity asking, does internet connection matter for duma os to work properly? because tbh i've found it really hard for duma os to be working for me as it supposed to be 😕

i am here to answer any question you're going to ask so please ask so we can get to the solution.

It is possible to connect to players or servers outside your radius if they are connecting to you via a server within your radius if that makes sense. Do the yellow icons stay there the whole game? The one in Europe is required for online play so you can ignore that, the one off the coast of Africa is an anomaly so you can ignore that also. What game are you playing? What do you mean by does the internet connection matter? - If it is inherently unstable for example then yes you would get that experience with DumaOS as well so yes it does matter to a certain degree.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is possible to connect to players or servers outside your radius if they are connecting to you via a server within your radius if that makes sense. Do the yellow icons stay there the whole game? The one in Europe is required for online play so you can ignore that, the one off the coast of Africa is an anomaly so you can ignore that also. What game are you playing? What do you mean by does the internet connection matter? - If it is inherently unstable for example then yes you would get that experience with DumaOS as well so yes it does matter to a certain degree.

Thank you so much for your reply.

okay so yellow signs disappears quick, my concern was the one in Europe, which i didn't know that is required to play online. i was thinking that for some reason i am getting connected to players from Europe.

okay so this concern is out of the way now, the next one is that lobbies are Really hard to get into its like 15+ minute wait to find a game 😕

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Eefo said:

Thank you so much for your reply.

okay so yellow signs disappears quick, my concern was the one in Europe, which i didn't know that is required to play online. i was thinking that for some reason i am getting connected to players from Europe.

okay so this concern is out of the way now, the next one is that lobbies are Really hard to get into its like 15+ minute wait to find a game 😕

Where you have your polygon is that where you are actually located?

On 11/8/2020 at 7:44 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Where you have your polygon is that where you are actually located?

1-Closest server to me

2- polygon 

3- this is what i'm getting during a gameplay and with filter mode on i hardly get into the game.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture3.PNG

And can you please explain why is it so hard to find games even i am placed near the closest server on the map?

I know i am posting too much, but i'm trying to put every issue i am having in one place so it could be easier to have a look at.
The picture below shows that my R2's geo filter is completely usesless? And its the 4th game in a row i am getting servers and players out of my polygon.

Capture6.PNG.b1583109f1f73c4356884a41fdda4a5f.PNG

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You'll need to disable Ping Assist completely by changing it to 0. Was the Geo-Filter enabled in that screenshot as I noted above it it was disabled.

yes geo filter was disable but when i enable it i dont find a game, like NOT AT ALL.

It goes from searching for match to looking for 7 more players and then go back to searching for match and keeps going back and fourth. Hence no point of having the filter enable.

Update: Enabled geo filter and found a game after 25 minutes Literally.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Eefo said:

yes geo filter was disable but when i enable it i dont find a game, like NOT AT ALL.

It goes from searching for match to looking for 7 more players and then go back to searching for match and keeps going back and fourth. Hence no point of having the filter enable.

Update: Enabled geo filter and found a game after 25 minutes Literally.

What game are you playing? I don't believe I've asked you that yet.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What game are you playing? I don't believe I've asked you that yet.

My bad, you did ask me that before.

I play mainly fps games.

Modern warfare and apex legends, but i tried modern warefare mostly with that experience i've written in those comments.

• Administrators

Try this please:

1. Hard turn off the console
  2. Delete device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the Geo-Filter cloud
  4. Adjust your settings
  5. Re-add the device
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot console & game

See if it then speeds up the process of getting a game and adheres to your settings.