Xr1000

11 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Do the same as before, plug in the XR1000 to your old router but perform a factory reset on the XR1000. Best use the software reset at this point. After resetting leave it for 5 mins to boot up, do not turn the power off at any point.

once booted up run through the setup to see if it detects the internet this time.

I tried that and it tells me this now

2 hours ago, Isiandz said:

This the back of the old router what should be connected there and what should be connected to the xr

image.jpg

dude back up several steps. first do you have internet with your old gear hooked up that you have shown in this picture above without the XR being hooked up?? in that picture was the old router/gateway even powered on? just asking. you need that to have internet working and online first.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You should literally be able to connect the XR direct to the 5268 as it is a gateway without doing any specific changes, I think this would be the easiest option for you. The ethernet cable should connect from the XR internet port (blue) to one of the 5268 LAN ports and then you should get a connection.

Then what fraser said above

5 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

dude back up several steps. first do you have internet with your old gear hooked up that you have shown in this picture above without the XR being hooked up?? in that picture was the old router/gateway even powered on? just asking. you need that to have internet working and online first.

Yes i have internet service lol my internet works fine even now that i gave up with my xr1000 its working

Just now, Isiandz said:

Yes i have internet service lol my internet works fine even now that i gave up with my xr1000 its working

It makes me go thru all the steps and than when I’m done it says theres no internet i have tried literally everything i had people on discord rrying to help me idk what else i can do at this point

1E980AC6-C5A4-4997-8654-48F4ABB5CCAB.png

3CB22CDC-F5F8-4C1C-BA65-78C89A9FD956.png

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Isiandz said:

Apparently i have att fiber uverse and you can’t use third party router not sure how true that is

Okay well that would make more sense why its being so difficult, shouldn't be the case though. Best to call the ISP and verify this.