Xr1000

I just got my xr1000 and i felt like i did everything right but for some reason the ethernet cable says disconnected and the wifi even though it says enabled I can’t use it on my phone. I have 1000 up and down. 

06EAA09B-BC2B-46CA-A001-DC483B24B156.jpeg

66A6DB86-9A4D-42E7-85AE-EADBFF0DC7AE.jpeg

Hello, thanks for posting here, I believe I bumped into on YouTube and suggested help here.

could you let us know your set up, ie isp, what equipment you have, fibre and so on. This helps us to find the best way to get you up and running.

1 minute ago, Newfie said:

Hello, thanks for posting here, I believe I bumped into on YouTube and suggested help here.

could you let us know your set up, ie isp, what equipment you have, fibre and so on. This helps us to find the best way to get you up and running.

Yes I’m the same guy im stressing lol been trying to fix it for 7 hours lol. So i have att fiber i called att for help I’m not sure who’s wrong but i always thought static was meaning you can’t shange ip and dynamic you can but she said its the other way around but she said i have dynamic . I think this what you ask for sorry I’m really abd with this stuff

@Netduma Fraser I’ve added Fraser who knows the various connections better than I do as I don’t have fibre. 

I believe you had an isp supplied router and inside this it will show all the details needed that are required to get the XR1000 online. You need to make notes and then fill out the relevant sections in the internet setting page. If you see vlan make a note of that too. 

the other way is to use the DMZ option on your isp router and turn off the isp WiFi. Some allow bridge mode but you still need the connection details for this to work.

This may help you.

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-fiber-equipment/set-up-netgear-router-with-att-fiber/5e5be2aee0718126f46b688d

3 minutes ago, Newfie said:

@Netduma Fraser I’ve added Fraser who knows the various connections better than I do as I don’t have fibre. 

I believe you had an isp supplied router and inside this it will show all the details needed that are required to get the XR1000 online. You need to make notes and then fill out the relevant sections in the internet setting page. If you see vlan make a note of that too. 

the other way is to use the DMZ option on your isp router and turn off the isp WiFi. Some allow bridge mode but you still need the connection details for this to work.

That’s what sucks the most it didn’t come with no instructions whatsoever. I’m not sure whaat i have to do i made in a account for everything they asked me

How is the XR1000 linked up, do you have it connected to your att router? 
can you confirm the model number of the att router.

Can att or do att offer help to connect third party routers. I know some do but other isps tend to not like third party devices. 

looking at their forum they seem fine and I’m wondering if they may talk you over it on the phone step by step.

12 minutes ago, Newfie said:

How is the XR1000 linked up, do you have it connected to your att router? 
can you confirm the model number of the att router.

Can att or do att offer help to connect third party routers. I know some do but other isps tend to not like third party devices. 

looking at their forum they seem fine and I’m wondering if they may talk you over it on the phone step by step.

Wait lol i still have to use my old router? I thought everything from my okd router goes into the xr1000

10 minutes ago, Isiandz said:

Wait lol i still have to use my old router? I thought everything from my okd router goes into the xr1000

Looking at the att help forum you still have your old router in-line, you use ip passthrough and turn off the old routers WiFi. Your XR1000 then takes over WiFi and lan.  

so many different ways of attaching third party routers, I’m PPPoE so I use a modem but it can be a nightmare. 

35 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Looking at the att help forum you still have your old router in-line, you use ip passthrough and turn off the old routers WiFi. Your XR1000 then takes over WiFi and lan.  

so many different ways of attaching third party routers, I’m PPPoE so I use a modem but it can be a nightmare. 

I have a modem to so you told me to connect my new and old router together?

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, Isiandz said:

I have a modem to so you told me to connect my new and old router together?

If you have an Ont connect wan port to XR1000 input settings (copy from your router take a picture with your phone etc) if you have an all in one modem router (no separate box) use the link provided. Also model number of router and ONT if you have one would really help as we need to visualise your home set up to help you.

2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

If you have an Ont connect wan port to XR1000 input settings (copy from your router take a picture with your phone etc) if you have an all in one modem router (no separate box) use the link provided. Also model number of router and ONT if you have one would really help as we need to visualise your home set up to help you.

I have a xr1000 I’m not sure if you see the pics i posted but it says everything connected just not the internet now i was doing research and says i need to open my ip pass through or something like that i have att fiber. Now when i called they said they can do open it up but it’s dangerous as i would get virus I’m not to good with this so I don’t know this so complicated lol

3 hours ago, Newfie said:

What is the model number of your old router that att supplied.?

Xr1000

Guest Killhippie
6 minutes ago, Isiandz said:

Xr1000

I mean the model of the OLD ATT gear I know what the XR1000 is and it has a firewall to protect you. Also do you have a sepoerate white box? Its called an ONT, take pics please of your setup, not the XR1000 though I know what it looks like.

Ip passthrough is fine as the XR1000 has a firewall. What they meant is if you connected a pc that way or a device which has no protection but don’t worry the XR1000 is secure and you are safe.

Guest Killhippie
11 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Ip passthrough is fine as the XR1000 has a firewall. What they meant is if you connected a pc that way or a device which has no protection but don’t worry the XR1000 is secure and you are safe.

Like this bloke says, Newfie knows its simples really. we will get there, If you want the best help possible on the forum always ask for @Netduma Fraser what he doesn't know about DumaOS and setting up routers you could put in a tiny zip file ;)

46 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

I mean the model of the OLD ATT gear I know what the XR1000 is and it has a firewall to protect you. Also do you have a sepoerate white box? Its called an ONT, take pics please of your setup, not the XR1000 though I know what it looks like.

Model 5268acfxn

image.jpg

• Administrators

You should literally be able to connect the XR direct to the 5268 as it is a gateway without doing any specific changes, I think this would be the easiest option for you. The ethernet cable should connect from the R2 internet port (blue) to one of the 5268 LAN ports and then you should get a connection.

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You should literally be able to connect the XR direct to the 5268 as it is a gateway without doing any specific changes, I think this would be the easiest option for you. The ethernet cable should connect from the R2 internet port (blue) to one of the 5268 LAN ports and then you should get a connection.

The 5268 is the old router?

• Administrators

Yes the one you've taken a picture of. You do have an ONT but I think that would be too complicated to get you setup. At this stage we just want you to be able to get internet through the router etc. Plug an ethernet cable from one of the ethernet ports from the router on the picture and plug it into the XR1000 internet port and you should get internet.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes the one you've taken a picture of. You do have an ONT but I think that would be too complicated to get you setup. At this stage we just want you to be able to get internet through the router etc. Plug an ethernet cable from one of the ethernet ports from the router on the picture and plug it into the XR1000 internet port and you should get internet.

I tried and atill no internet

29 minutes ago, Isiandz said:

I tried and atill no internet

Do the same as before, plug in the XR1000 to your old router but perform a factory reset on the XR1000. Best use the software reset at this point. After resetting leave it for 5 mins to boot up, do not turn the power off at any point.

once booted up run through the setup to see if it detects the internet this time.