So many issues

Oren Tasuna

Hi,

Since I got the R2 router I consistently have issues and overall it just feels like using a beta version of the product, not an official release (and on that matter, why wasn't there any FW update for so long?).

Issues I have:

* Geo filter not filtering - although I'm on filtering mode. I set some polygons and they seem to be ignored - I get connected to servers outside the polygons

* Ping heatmap stops loading after couple of days, only restart fixes it

* Router performance degrades over time, and needs to be restarted every few days

* QOS and congestion control are determined by speed tests that are widely inaccurate, seems like the speed test is done to some very remote server, I end up limiting my bandwidth just to get correct priorities

* Wi-Fi speeds are substantially lower than those I get when using ISP router 

This is very frustrating, the purpose of buying a gaming router is to deal with configuration once and have the desired behavior afterwards. I'm seriously considering purchasing another router, this is not the experience I expected to get from a router that promised so much.

The release of the R2 has been very frustrating to its users. There seems to be some very sinister bugs vexing the Netduma team. It has caused them to be very hesitant to release an official firmware revision. Now almost every forum support thread ends with a series of users asking Netduma for their intermediate firmware in hopes it will solve some of their network issues. 

• Administrators

I have sent you a PM that should help.

For the Geo-Filter though sounds like you're using Ping Assist or the Filter is disabled. If you provide a screenshot I can see what is happening. When it does a speed test for the speeds if it shows less than what you have then you don't have to accept it, you do have the option to set this yourself. Do that and then it will go off your proper speeds.