No Internet Amber light

Hello I just got a XRM570 but when I plug it in to set it up the Internet light stays Amber and when I go on routerlogin.net after I select the automatic login part it shows up no Internet, My previous router works before and after I tried the new one it is an F2000 the basic model which comes with eir fiber which is and Irish isp, I am a total noob when it comes to this sort of thing im just used to plugging it in and it working so I have no idea what I'm at, I was talking to QuillPing on reddit and he suggested I come here for help.

Hello it’s me, Quillpin. Let’s see if we can get you up and running.

@Netduma Fraser I have a feeling that Eir require Vlan tag 10, does the XR500 support this? I’ve a feeling it does not but mines not up and running.

this came up when I was searching to see what the Eir requirements were but could find very little. 

• Administrators

Connect the previous router how it usually is, then access its interface and find the Internet/WAN Settings, take some screenshots and then disconnect it, connect the XR, access the XR and try to put the settings in. If you post the screenshots here we can help direct you as well.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Jameskelz said:

How will I go about changing the settings on the xr500 if it won't connect to the Internet?

You can connect to the router interface without it being connected to the internet by using the LAN IP - by default 192.168.1.1

Did the manual setup not run through your internet settings, if not let’s start fresh again and let’s perform a good old factory reset, this time use auto which will fail but at the end there should be a skip and this will go into the rest of the setup and you will end up at the GUI screen.

are you also setting up over WiFi or cable?

5 minutes ago, Jameskelz said:

I saw you message about resting after I posted that,so I reset and hit auto and this is what comes up there is no option to skip

16039128229444394854637007369455.jpg

Copy your old Fiber router's MAC address down and then go under Internet settings in the new router. Find the"Router Address" section and click "Use this MAC Address" and put your old router's MAC there (you can find your old routers MAC on the bottom of it). I had to do this when I recently changed modems on my Fiber connection to get my internet connected!