MY R2 KEEPS REBOOTING ITSELF!!

ziiac

Hey guys, Im a streamer and Im getting really fed up with my R2 resetting itself randomly while Im streaming on twitch. As you may know if your internet connection drops so do all of your current viewers. The router has done this for months. When i first got it and set it up I only lasted 2 days using it because it kept resetting. I have factory reset it 4 times, I have tried un-released updates that yall have like 3.0.150. The problem stays. I dont know what to do anymore, I love netduma routers and all of the gaming features but I cant have my router restarting itself sometimes twice in a row for no reason. Please help me I am starting to think I have a defected router because this seems so crazy. 

2 hours ago, Newfie said:

Do you mean rebooting or resetting as there is a difference?

When you reset the router did you use the rear pin or software?

Is the router in a confined space?

what I meant is that it reboots itself. I also do not have it in a confined area. And I did use the rear pin to reset it as well as the software itself. 

Guest Killhippie
2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

How did you receive that firmware because I did not send anything to you. I've sent you a PM, please try that and see if it is more stable.

Sounds like the old pass the firmware about game, Fraser. Sadly people want the latest and don't always realise its not stable yet. So in chat you will probably find firmware that's been pm'd to users being passed around. :(

52 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Sounds like the old pass the firmware about game, Fraser. Sadly people want the latest and don't always realise its not stable yet. So in chat you will probably find firmware that's been pm'd to users being passed around. :(

No, I got this firmware update from the official netduma twitter itself after I explained what was going on, dont assume things like that, and Fraser can check my Twitter dms to confirm I did receive it from yall. One more thing is that you completely overlooked the fact that I factory reset my router countless times using the original 3.0 firmware with the problem still happening. Regardless, I'm making sure my router has proper airflow and will be testing out a new firmware.

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, ziiac said:

No, I got this firmware update from the official netduma twitter itself after I explained what was going on, dont assume things like that, and Fraser can check my Twitter dms to confirm I did receive it from yall. One more thing is that you completely overlooked the fact that I factory reset my router countless times using the original 3.0 firmware with the problem still happening. Regardless, I'm making sure my router has proper airflow and will be testing out a new firmware.

Sorry you thought I was talking about you, I wasn’t. As you say it’s bad to assume. Also providing context helps as in mentioning you received the code from Twitter. I was talking in general terms to Fraser as firmware does get passed around that way. Hope all goes well. 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, shadyrng said:

Man im having the same issue, either the dashboard and rapps dont work consistently loading, or it actually loads and goes into a reboot/restart frenzy. Is this an overheating issue?

Did you do a factory reset as I advised in PM?

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, shadyrng said:

I have it worked last night for 7- 12 hrs and now as soon as i made a change to the name of a device, it began the reboot loop again. This is very frustrating.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you do a factory reset as I advised in PM?

• 3 years later...

Hi I own the netduma r2 and it keeps having me redo all of my information every time I get only one day of use out of it then it why does it factory reset it on its own

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Oni671 said:

Hi I own the netduma r2 and it keeps having me redo all of my information every time I get only one day of use out of it then it why does it factory reset it on its own

Are you unplugging the router from power frequently?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Oni671 said:

No

Do you have it connected to a power extender or direct to an outlet? If an extender please try direct to an outlet. Otherwise do you have another power adapter you could try with?