Internet completely cutting out consistently on R2

VectorPRIME

13 hours ago, TheDirewolf said:

also, since I hadn't stated before, the administration site is not accessible until I reboot either. It fails to load on a computer that is hardwired directly into the router.

Do the drops still occur if you disable DumaOS features such as Geo-filter, QoS and Adblocker? Is the R2 power adapter plugged into an extension cable to directly into the wall?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 2:15 PM, Rfrew24 said:

Got it, I see that checkbox now. I have disabled it, and should we get another disconnect I will reply and let you know

Hey Fraser,

I'm sad to report that disabling QoS hasn't helped much... we still have had some disconnects requiring resets over the past few weeks (probably 15) so a little bit less than before but still way too often to be acceptable for our router. Additionally, without QoS, we are seeing some devices get horribly slow latency and others getting fine connection. Before disabling QoS all devices would get similar speeds. 

Can we replace the router? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rfrew24 said:

Hey Fraser,

I'm sad to report that disabling QoS hasn't helped much... we still have had some disconnects requiring resets over the past few weeks (probably 15) so a little bit less than before but still way too often to be acceptable for our router. Additionally, without QoS, we are seeing some devices get horribly slow latency and others getting fine connection. Before disabling QoS all devices would get similar speeds. 

Can we replace the router? 

One avenue to explore first, what is the model of the modem/router that the R2 is connected to? Is it a pure modem or a modem/router? 

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

One avenue to explore first, what is the model of the modem/router that the R2 is connected to? Is it a pure modem or a modem/router? 

We have Fiber internet in an apartment complex so WAN port is connected directly to an ethernet jack in our wall.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so I assume you have no access to the complex modem/router? Is the internet connection given to you via the complex or one you have a contract with yourself?

Correct, I have no access to that equipment. I want to include that I’ve never had an issue like this with 2 previous routers and that the internet we get through the jack is very stable. I have an account with the internet company. Why? Isn’t it relatively clear that my router isn’t working like the R2 is supposed to?

12 hours ago, Rfrew24 said:

Correct, I have no access to that equipment. I want to include that I’ve never had an issue like this with 2 previous routers and that the internet we get through the jack is very stable. I have an account with the internet company. Why? Isn’t it relatively clear that my router isn’t working like the R2 is supposed to?

OK thanks for letting us know. Do you still have one of those old routers? As a test, could you connect one of the old routers to the jack in the wall, then connect the R2 to one of the old router's LAN ports?

If the disconnections continue, could you please disable the Wi-Fi on the R2 and enable it on the old router and use that for wireless connections?

We really appreciate your patience with troubleshooting here, we're happy to send you a replacement but we just want to make sure that a replacement will solve the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 7:03 AM, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks for letting us know. Do you still have one of those old routers? As a test, could you connect one of the old routers to the jack in the wall, then connect the R2 to one of the old router's LAN ports?

If the disconnections continue, could you please disable the Wi-Fi on the R2 and enable it on the old router and use that for wireless connections?

We really appreciate your patience with troubleshooting here, we're happy to send you a replacement but we just want to make sure that a replacement will solve the issue.

Hi Liam

For the past couple weeks I have been running our internet with the old router connected to the wall, and the R2 connected to one of the LAN ports. We still experienced equivalent disconnects with the R2, and when switching to the old router everything was still online. So I feel like it has to be something with my R2 unit.

Can we go about replacing the router now?

9 hours ago, Rfrew24 said:

Hi Liam

For the past couple weeks I have been running our internet with the old router connected to the wall, and the R2 connected to one of the LAN ports. We still experienced equivalent disconnects with the R2, and when switching to the old router everything was still online. So I feel like it has to be something with my R2 unit.

Can we go about replacing the router now?

Please email [email protected] with your order number and a link to this thread please, we can then process a replacement for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 5:48 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Please email [email protected] with your order number and a link to this thread please, we can then process a replacement for you.

Hi Liam,

I emailed the address you gave 2 times with no reply. Can you check on whoever is supposed to respond to me for that inbox?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Rfrew24 said:

Hi Liam,

I emailed the address you gave 2 times with no reply. Can you check on whoever is supposed to respond to me for that inbox?

Did you email using the email associated with your forum account? I'll chase them for you