Wifi keeps dropping and saying dns probe finished nxdomain

duccio

Please can someone help my wifi keeps dropping on r1 and giving me the error dns probe finished nxdomain

the dns servers i use are 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 on my isp router, my isp router is in bridge mode so wifi is off.

This is not a problem with my wifi as I use ethernet and when this happens I can still browse some websites but get the dns probe finished nxdomain on most.

nxdomain-error.png

A few days ago i upgraded to dumaos 3.0 and that didn't fix it. I included a log file, im not sure if that can help

I have tried using a different ethernet cable from my isp router to the netduma and that didnt fix it 

log-1603272050320.txt

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you post in the beta section please and also include a screenshot of the message you're seeing please?

I tried posting but I think it got deleted? i dont think this is a dumaos 3.0 issue because it was happening before i was on 3.0

• Administrators

You posted in the same forum, so lets just carry on here.

Have you input the DNS on the R1? You said you did it on the ISP router but also said that it is in Bridge mode which means it would bypass the DNS you set.

It's not necessarily that it is a 3.0 issue but that that is the firmware we will be moving on with.

• 1 month later...

Hi Fraser I am having the same problem again but this time on the R2, my internet keeps dropping constantly and giving me the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET. I don't have any DNS settings on the netduma, i just use the isp one. I can't even log into dumaos as it is just stuck on loading, the internet isn't down because I can still play games but not browse.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant do ipconfig /renew, it just says "No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected"

This isnt just for my computer, everyones device drops from the internet. It sometimes gives me these errors too. 

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG

A factory reset doesn't stop it happening either and i still can't log into the dumaos/ it just stays on loading.

My w

On 12/4/2020 at 5:06 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Were you connected via ethernet to the router at the time? Email [email protected] with a link to this topic and your order number and say we recommend a replacement.

Hello,

my wifi also drops signal often. I tried to scan channels and set my wifi channel on 6 which is empty in my area. Still i tried to use on default settings did factory reset 4-5 times every month it works then drops again also notice my games freeze for like 10 seconds and causes me lose games. What could it be and how can i fix it or maybe get replacement? i have R1 

11 hours ago, Duma OS fan said:

My w

Hello,

my wifi also drops signal often. I tried to scan channels and set my wifi channel on 6 which is empty in my area. Still i tried to use on default settings did factory reset 4-5 times every month it works then drops again also notice my games freeze for like 10 seconds and causes me lose games. What could it be and how can i fix it or maybe get replacement? i have R1 

Thanks for posting!

What firmware are you currently running? We have made big improvements to Wi-Fi in recent releases, this could well be the fix to your problem!

On 12/4/2020 at 1:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Were you connected via ethernet to the router at the time? Email [email protected] with a link to this topic and your order number and say we recommend a replacement.

Yes i was connected by ethernet, I really don't think a replacement will fix it because the exact same thing also happened with my old R1 and now R2. It just happens randomly and a restart of the R2 instantly fixes it, is there a setting I can change to stop this happening?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, duccio said:

Yes i was connected by ethernet, I really don't think a replacement will fix it because the exact same thing also happened with my old R1 and now R2. It just happens randomly and a restart of the R2 instantly fixes it, is there a setting I can change to stop this happening?

There are no settings to change to stop you from accessing the interface randomly, a replacement will most likely help with this.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2020 at 3:27 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

There are no settings to change to stop you from accessing the interface randomly, a replacement will most likely help with this.

New netduma and this is still happening. Its so strange because if im watching a twitch stream when it happens it wont cut out but i cant load anything and just get dns error on every website in other tabs

• 3 weeks later...