Login Problems

I'm just recently added the DumaOS to my Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 with Telstra but for some reason the username and password whilst I'm connected the wifi is not allowing me to connect to DumaOS IOS app, it just says "cannot connect to server".  What is the solution around this?

Thanks for the reply, so I’ve tried that multiple times and it just says ‘Server cannot be reached’ and I’m typing it all the username and password details that are available from the bottom of my Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2.

I've been in contact with Telstra and they are saying that my modem is only applicable with your BETA and because my app is alpha that could be the problem; could you confirm whether this is accurate or not?

• Administrators

No that isn't the case but I've just looked at some of our internal communications and I can see it is an issue on the current version of the public app, we have already deployed a fix to our test version which has been confirmed as working by Telstra so shouldn't be too long until we can push the fix to the app store.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No that isn't the case but I've just looked at some of our internal communications and I can see it is an issue on the current version of the public app, we have already deployed a fix to our test version which has been confirmed as working by Telstra so shouldn't be too long until we can push the fix to the app store.

So do I need to be patient and this will be fixed automatically or do I need to do anything whilst I wait?

I'm using version 1.0.1 of the DumaOS app on Android and can login fine 👍 did you happen to change you LAN address range by any chance and that's why you cannot login as the app might be trying to find 192.168.0.1 but it can't?

56 minutes ago, mannrs said:

Hi @Jonnyboy0022, just confirming is the login issue you are experience only occuring on the mobile app?  Ie.  Are you able to login Game Optimiser via your Smart Modems http://mymodem/ web interface?

Hi Mannrs, thanks for getting in contact. Yes I can access the web interface via the backend of my modem. My question to the Telstra team was whether I had the ability to access the application e.g. DumaOS outside of the house when I'm not on my Telstra home internet or does it only work when I'm directly connected? They couldn't give me a direct answer to this either; so if you could that would be super helpful!

Yeah, so, the login issue is only present with the app and they kept telling me its because my 'modem' is only working with the BETA and not Alpha version, so now I'm totally confused.... image.thumb.png.6963b71748df9e244cdaa5d68b74a17b.png

2 hours ago, Hsimah said:

I'm using version 1.0.1 of the DumaOS app on Android and can login fine 👍 did you happen to change you LAN address range by any chance and that's why you cannot login as the app might be trying to find 192.168.0.1 but it can't?

Hey Hsimah,

I haven't changed anything, I left everything as it was because I didn't want to make things too complicated and why fix something that isn't broken LOL I might try it on android and see if that works since I have both devices at home and let you know when I have an answer. No change on my Samsung S10+

Screenshot_20201020-115152.jpg

Edited by Jonnyboy0022
Adding additional information

• Administrators

@Jonnyboy0022 Thanks for posting the picture, I can see that you're on the Arcadyan build which is currently in Alpha and does not have support for the mobile app just yet. If you're interested in taking part in the Arcadyan beta then you can post here for tjw to add you. https://forum.netduma.com/topic/32705-lh1000-arcadyan-open-beta/?do=findComment&comment=266195You wouldn't be able to access the app when you are outside of your home, you would have to be directly connected to the modem. Game Optimiser is in beta (Technicolor) & alpha (Arcadyan) essentially and the mobile app is in Alpha, it just represents their individual states of development but they will work together.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've just been informed that it should work now so please try again to login using the app.

Hey Fraser,

Just a quick update since you posted, I've tried logging in again and it's still giving me that error message 'Could Not Reach Server!' is this still normal since it should be working? 

Jonnyboy0022

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Jonnyboy0022 said:

Hey Fraser,

Just a quick update since you posted, I've tried logging in again and it's still giving me that error message 'Could Not Reach Server!' is this still normal since it should be working? 

Jonnyboy0022

There should be an update for the app on the app store, update it and then try again please.

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There should be an update for the app on the app store, update it and then try again please.

Thanks for the update, still waiting on both Android and IOS for the update to come through; maybe tomorrow morning?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Jonnyboy0022 said:

Thanks for the update, still waiting on both Android and IOS for the update to come through; maybe tomorrow morning?

Yes it could take a little bit of time for it to go through so try then and let us know.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it could take a little bit of time for it to go through so try then and let us know.

Hi Fraser,

That update you were speaking about has not come through as yet on either IOS or Android. Is it coming close or shall I wait some more time?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Codey said:

Hi, I am also having the same trouble. Mine is exactly as stated above, hoping you may have answers as now I am paying for a service I cannot use? 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. You can still use DumaOS via the web interface.

Double check the app store to see if there is an update available for the app. I assume you're using the details required to login to the interface rather than the WiFi details?