Destiny 2 problems.

On 11/1/2020 at 8:50 AM, Malt said:

@Netduma Fraser I did report to you 6 months ago that the XR300 only filters correctly with the original stock firmware , but that that firmware frequently crashes and results in the filters failing. I have tested all other XR300 firmwares and they all crash and fail immediately there is any load on them. I'm going to be retesting the XR300 next weekend when I have a pair of Xboxs to test with.

@Dmaune 

If you're getting beaver errors its probably not the netduma router or filters (my filters work correctly without beavers or other zoo animals) , its more likely something in your network setup. I personally setup my XR500 in the DMZ of my ISP router. When I had it in a bridged setup it caused beaver and rabbit errors all the time. I believe @Netduma Fraser has previously advised to use DMZ setups (at least he advised not to use bridges in a post I read somewhere). I concur as it removed all my network errors. In a correct setup the geofilter will not cause beaver errors. I have a feeling that the recent 7.xx firmware update from sony increased the load on edge routers and exposed any that had faults.

I currently have my xr500 set up with factory defaults so I'm not sure what network settings may be causing it.  

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Dmaune said:

I currently have my xr500 set up with factory defaults so I'm not sure what network settings may be causing it.  

Assuming it would work without any changes from our side then you would need to disable Strict Mode on the Geo-Filter for Destiny, that is enabled by default.

On 11/6/2020 at 7:52 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Assuming it would work without any changes from our side then you would need to disable Strict Mode on the Geo-Filter for Destiny, that is enabled by default.

No I meant my network settings are on default.  I always have geo filter strict mode off.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dmaune said:

No I meant my network settings are on default.  I always have geo filter strict mode off.  

The only thing I could think of would be QoS dropping packets it shouldn't, if you disable it fully that may help.

On 11/7/2020 at 7:08 PM, Dmaune said:

@Dmaune I wasn't talking about the XR500 network settings , I was talking about the settings of your ISP supplied router. The default settings for the XR 500 should be fine.

@Netduma Fraser I may be misleading you. I now have the XR500 working correctly. It seems that Destiny 2 now requires a pristine network environment to work correctly. In my case the ISP router and one of the Playstations were causng all the problems

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Malt said:

@Dmaune I wasn't talking about the XR500 network settings , I was talking about the settings of your ISP supplied router. The default settings for the XR 500 should be fine.

@Netduma Fraser I may be misleading you. I now have the XR500 working correctly. It seems that Destiny 2 now requires a pristine network environment to work correctly. In my case the ISP router and one of the Playstations were causng all the problems

Could you clarify what you mean by pristine exactly and what exactly was causing the issues? Are you on one of the latest versions at the moment and it is working then?

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you clarify what you mean by pristine exactly and what exactly was causing the issues? Are you on one of the latest versions at the moment and it is working then?

@Netduma Fraser

There were multiple issues with my setup that were causing problems as follows:

My ISP router was setup as a bridge, that  was causing the beaver and rabbit errors. When I returned to a regular ISP setup and placed the WAN interface of the XR500 of the DMZ of my ISP router they all disappeared.

When I did this all the obvious network errors disappeared. I was still having matchmaking errors.

I was suspicious about the matchmaking errors as they were far more prevalent on my PS4 pro. I swapped the PS pro for an orginal PS4 today to see if that made a difference and the matchmaking started working properly once more.

So when I say pristine network environment I mean when everything is correct in the network environment the XR500 still works correctly for matchmaking in destiny. I'm using the .104 beta right now but I'm sure .56 is OK too.

Something that changed in the 7.55 Sony firmware made the PS4's much more sensitive to network errors. At least , that is my perception of where we are now.

All I need is the beta for the Xr300 to work and I'll be a very happy (rabbit and beaver free) bunny.

Hi All.

I Have a ps4 pro and  play    COD.......RB6........BF4......BF5......and obviously Destiny 2.........

Only problems with Destiny Game.....lot of errrors beaver........

For me its not a problem with PS4 pro, or Update 7.55.........its only a problem with Destiny....

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Raknyk said:

Hi All.

I Have a ps4 pro and  play    COD.......RB6........BF4......BF5......and obviously Destiny 2.........

Only problems with Destiny Game.....lot of errrors beaver........

For me its not a problem with PS4 pro, or Update 7.55.........its only a problem with Destiny....

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As you're aware by the topic we are investigating this. You could see whether some of the advice above from @Malt e.g. using DMZ helps.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:36 PM, Dioddyx said:

Someone can say if with the new season and game update has changed the geofilter issues?

Filtering mode enabled......and 0 errors at the moment........igmp enabled or disabled ,,, same result....

The north-america server is mising.....for me (Spain).......there are more servers to authenticate account........

It works for me........

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I still having problems with beaver/rabbit error every time me (the host) and one of my friend get rabbit or beaver error. What can be the reason? Can be a problem with my ISP modem connected to Netduma? Like someone says in other post? There are times that I never get this kind of error and times that i have.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Hexxer said:

Hi guys I still having problems with beaver/rabbit error every time me (the host) and one of my friend get rabbit or beaver error. What can be the reason? Can be a problem with my ISP modem connected to Netduma? Like someone says in other post? There are times that I never get this kind of error and times that i have.

What platform are you playing on exactly?

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Hexxer said:

PlayStation 5, actually after putting netduma In dmz on my ISP modem in 10 match not a single beaver/rabbit but I'm not 100% sure it's fixed. 

Just had a look at the errors and they do mention NAT so that likely did fix it.