Destiny 2 problems.

Hi guys!

Just bought R2 to play Destiny 2 on PS4. But while I was waiting for my router, something broke in the matchmaking((

I already read on the forum that not only I faced with beaver and rabbit bugs, but I really hope you fix it soon!

• 2 weeks later...

@Netduma Fraser

I had similar problems to the OP on the XR500 , while there are problems with Destiny 2 right now the network errors are not being caused by the XR500. In my case it was caused by an ADSL router in bridge mode. When replaced by another router with the XR500 in the DMZ all the beavers and rabbits went back to the zoo.

Just an update as to my experience with Destiny 2 right now :

XR300 matchmaking is broken with current firmware , awaiting for the 3.0 beta to re-evaluate

XR500 filters work but there are issues with matchmaking

XR700 I have personally received multiple reports that destiny 2 matchmaking works reliably with the XR700

if you're getting beavers and rabbits then look at your netwotk devices its probably not the XR's

so for the devs , what did you do differently with the XR700!

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Nothing changed in that regard, I think the fact it works on that is an anomaly rather than anything on our side as they have changed their network structure.

IS the CPU in the XR700 different to the XR500 ? We've had this problem before with the XR300 and XR500 ?

IF the CPU's aren't materially different why are they using different compiles of the firmware.

Its very concerning that when the XR700 becomes available the XR500 seems to break (I'm NOT implying anything)

Anyway its a £250 router , it should be fixed as a priority no ? especially as the XR700 is working now as the XR500 used to.

• Administrators

Yes the CPUs are different but that wouldn't have an impact on this issue at all. I would be very surprised if it did actually work on the 700, as I've mentioned previously it will be significant work but we'll get it done, I don't have a timeline for it.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes the CPUs are different but that wouldn't have an impact on this issue at all. I would be very surprised if it did actually work on the 700, as I've mentioned previously it will be significant work but we'll get it done, I don't have a timeline for it.

@Netduma Fraser

I wanted to be sure of my facts and I asked a friend with the XR700 to demonstrate it working or not last night. It was working as the XR500 used to.

Presuming you are compiling builds from a common codebase it seems that the later the build , the more reliable the operation. The XR300 being the best example , its never worked correctly and it hasn't had an updated build for more than a year.

With respect to you, the common answer is we're working on it but nothing ever happens , I now have 2 routers which I can't use with the game I bought them for, but if I buy a third router I can regain the functionality. That looks like you're abandoning support for older models to prioritise the new shiny models. Thats OK with a 3 year old model thats not sold anymore but we are talking about current devices on sale from a global manufacturer, and its your firmware that we all depend upon

So we know your firmware for the XR700 works  , can we have a recompile of that codebase for the XR500 , even as an Alpha. Its not acceptable to abandon these routers after such a short period of time.

@Netduma Fraser

There are standard settings for Destiny

The ones you recommend every day for Destiny

Strict Mode off Auto Ping off Fast Search Off

Destiny Profile selected. I use a small radius exclusion zone. All I want is for the router to follow its own rules. Exclude players outside the radius that are notr specifically allowed. The XR300 still doesn't work at all , the geofilter crashes , the XR500 used to reliably apply its internal ruleset , now it doesn't. The XR700 with the default setting correctly applies its ruleset.

Before you say it , I'm not using the router for cheating. I'm asking for some progress towards the XR300 and XR500 implementing ithe ruleset correctly the same way the XR700 now does.I want the base functionality back so I can exclude players that that are high ping, or problematic. Basically the features that the routers are sold for. If the XR700 works and the XR500 doesn't , maybe one of the devs could look at the builds and ascertain the differences and isolate the problem. I'm fairly sure they are familiar with their own code base.

Sometime between the XR500 and XR700 stable builds something has been added to the XR700 build that makes it work reliably. 

On 10/26/2020 at 12:29 PM, Malt said:

Just an update as to my experience with Destiny 2 right now :

XR300 matchmaking is broken with current firmware , awaiting for the 3.0 beta to re-evaluate

XR500 filters work but there are issues with matchmaking

XR700 I have personally received multiple reports that destiny 2 matchmaking works reliably with the XR700

if you're getting beavers and rabbits then look at your netwotk devices its probably not the XR's

so for the devs , what did you do differently with the XR700!

Destiny Profile?  There is no destiny profile.  XR500 immediately takes your connection status bar down to nothing when in filtering mode.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Dmaune said:

Destiny Profile?  There is no destiny profile.  XR500 immediately takes your connection status bar down to nothing when in filtering mode.

What do you mean it takes the connection status bar down to nothing?

For the ppl with problems using the XR300 on Destiny 2. I ve had the same problems for quite awhile. I had to reset the firmware back to stock to get it to work. Hope this helps. When I reported it awhile back, I was told that how I was trying to use it wasnt supported. But I had done that many times till the newer firmware.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean it takes the connection status bar down to nothing?

in game when you inspect your profile it shows a connection status bar to the right of your name.  If you put the geo-filter into filtering mode, the connection bar goes from 90-100% (typical) to about 10%.  It's almost like the geofilter is inducing lag.  I don't know what this means necessarily all I know is that every game that I try to use the geofilter it's laggy as hell.  

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, ktaylor2 said:

For the ppl with problems using the XR300 on Destiny 2. I ve had the same problems for quite awhile. I had to reset the firmware back to stock to get it to work. Hope this helps. When I reported it awhile back, I was told that how I was trying to use it wasnt supported. But I had done that many times till the newer firmware.

You're saying it is 100% working on the original firmware?

21 minutes ago, Dmaune said:

in game when you inspect your profile it shows a connection status bar to the right of your name.  If you put the geo-filter into filtering mode, the connection bar goes from 90-100% (typical) to about 10%.  It's almost like the geofilter is inducing lag.  I don't know what this means necessarily all I know is that every game that I try to use the geofilter it's laggy as hell.  

Okay interesting, well we still need to work on re-compatibility so that is probably something to do with it, likely blocking a necessary server.

59 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You're saying it is 100% working on the original firmware?

Okay interesting, well we still need to work on re-compatibility so that is probably something to do with it, likely blocking a necessary server.

In the meantime and assuming it's blocking the necessary server, should I just mark every server I can as "allow"?  

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Dmaune said:

In the meantime and assuming it's blocking the necessary server, should I just mark every server I can as "allow"?  

You can try that although the issue is you could allow too much and then it won't filter but as it isn't working properly at the moment do try that and then when it does work remove the rest.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dmaune said:

Do you guys anticipate having a "fix" for destiny 2 in the near future?  Also I've seen mention of a Destiny 2 profile but I've never seen that available.  Am I missing something? 

Given some recent information by users apparently it is working on the original firmware for XR300 - I see you have one so maybe try that and on the XR700 so I've let the team know to investigate that. Regarding profile, I think you're referring to the Geo-Filter profiles which really just adjusts the distance to what we recommend but you don't really need it as you can adjust it yourself.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Given some recent information by users apparently it is working on the original firmware for XR300 - I see you have one so maybe try that and on the XR700 so I've let the team know to investigate that. Regarding profile, I think you're referring to the Geo-Filter profiles which really just adjusts the distance to what we recommend but you don't really need it as you can adjust it yourself.

I've got an XR500.

@Netduma Fraser I did report to you 6 months ago that the XR300 only filters correctly with the original stock firmware , but that that firmware frequently crashes and results in the filters failing. I have tested all other XR300 firmwares and they all crash and fail immediately there is any load on them. I'm going to be retesting the XR300 next weekend when I have a pair of Xboxs to test with.

@Dmaune 

If you're getting beaver errors its probably not the netduma router or filters (my filters work correctly without beavers or other zoo animals) , its more likely something in your network setup. I personally setup my XR500 in the DMZ of my ISP router. When I had it in a bridged setup it caused beaver and rabbit errors all the time. I believe @Netduma Fraser has previously advised to use DMZ setups (at least he advised not to use bridges in a post I read somewhere). I concur as it removed all my network errors. In a correct setup the geofilter will not cause beaver errors. I have a feeling that the recent 7.xx firmware update from sony increased the load on edge routers and exposed any that had faults.