R2 problem internet

carlosmind

When my internet provider have a problem "offline", my R2 doesn't refresh when the internet comes online, I have to reboot my R2 manually and then I have internet, it really sux, I have to do it almost everyday, when is the update coming out or a hot fix?

I meant to uninstall but I think you can't, about always reboot there's a fix for that? Because my xr500 I don't have to reboot it, for the thing to connect to internet again

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Do you have a pure modem or a gateway/hub from the ISP? You can just disable the Adblocker on the page itself, just click disable.

short story - bought the xr500 a year ago, no problems, did some digging about who does the dumaos, is better getting the main source "the makers", waited for the r2 come out. bought it weeks ago, thinking about myself lets support this guys, i receive the r2, first is not my style is the inside that counts right. out of the box was restarting by himself, maybe "overheating" so lets do less traffic for him, just 6 connections this time and worked well. now i have the problem of doesnt connect to internet until reboot - my modem is connected to the r2 - so im going to do a hard reset "factory reset" 

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can't uninstall any Rapps currently but you will be able to in the future. What is your modem model exactly as that will influence the advice I provide regarding that issue.

Spectrum - Arris TM1602A

On 10/18/2020 at 11:35 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

A month?! Did they explain why your modem was going offline once per day though?

investigating in my area, theres is some construction nearby, so i call and receive 25 dollars credit XD well i think the problem was my internet provider - no more reboot for the router for now, im happy, so now i can sell my xr500 to my cousin but im going to do more testing and wait for the update.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, carlosmind said:

investigating in my area, theres is some construction nearby, so i call and receive 25 dollars credit XD well i think the problem was my internet provider - no more reboot for the router for now, im happy, so now i can sell my xr500 to my cousin but im going to do more testing and wait for the update.

Ah well that is good news! Fingers crossed it stays like that.

@carlosmind I have Spectrum with a pure cable modem, a different kind though, it is a Linksys CM3024.  I found that I was having random disconnects from the ISP almost 2 - 3 times a day a few months back.  Each time it would drop a connection I would just watch the lights cycle on the modem itself. This was not related to the R2 router since I did not have it at the time.  I tried lots of different things but found the one that worked the best was performing a Factory Reset on the modem itself.  It has been a solid connection from my ISP ever since. Not sure if this will be helpful to you, but figured I would pass it along.