Moderate nat type

David824

Why on my R2 if I put it in port forwarding with 1-65535 like I have always done on my R1 and xr500 I get a mod nat? I tried everything and COD still shows it. Once I switch it over to UPNP it opens right up and says I'm using 4074. 

I use the rule thats been on this site the 1-65535 UDP and static that to my PS4 IP. HAHA I know it doesnt matter and Ive chatted with Jack about this before, but for some reason when I run ports I feel like the hitmarkers are different almost like I'm a little ahead (Jack said it shouldnt and I agree but still feels different) and to be honest sometimes I just like trying different things on these routers. I missed with different things back when I had the R1 and sometimes I found on that the ports helped. I'm sure its placebo but I'm telling it it feels different. I think its strange that it wont accept any ports.

I'll have to send a screen shot later...I'm using my phone right now to message. Yes, I'm turning off UPNP...I'm following the same steps I've used on my RI, XR500 and XR700 ...Ive never had a problem until now. I'l got the rule off the site a while back where you start with 1 and end the ports with 655325 but I'll have to go back in and set it back up because I had to delete it and put UPNP back on.

oh ok.....so you can keep UPNP on with port forwarding? I thought I read on here you should either have one or the other so it doesnt confuse it....am I wrong? I hope I am....I will try it with both on then and let you know.

image.thumb.png.8fc6e012223d0b59d1c583d0df88a460.png

Here...I even tried this was of putting in ports and then rebooted the router and modem and still getting MOD on call of duty .....this is with UPNP OFF....I was just checking it like this...I'll reboot and try it with these posts on and have UPNP on.....its just strange that the R2 wont allow just ports. I wonder why?

• Administrators

What do the actual console network settings say? CoD NAT status I think is very finicky, doesn't say open when it should do. Might be because you have the Geo-Filter enabled so if you disable then close/load the game it should open.

my console shows type 2......I really never run my geo filter since I have a gig up and down i usally get pretty good low ping lobbies so I know its not the geo filter.

I only have an open nat IF I included UPNP....if I only use port forwarding it makes me moderate...thats why I cant figure it out....oh most of my routers from you guys I've always been able to either use UNPN....or port forward....if i port forward and then use UPNP WITH it....it opens up...but now I'm thinking its only open because of the UPNP....so port forwarding doesnt work on this router.

with UPNP off....it does not show any port entries however I stay mod in all games....I even signed into warzone under my PC and its mod....for some reason ports just arent working on this R2.....like I said on my R1 xr500 and even XR700 I was always able to use ports or upnp.....I wonder if theres a flaw with port forwarding no one as picked up on?

just wanted to thank you and let you know I appreciate all your help and answering back...I know and see how many people are needing help and you do your very best to help all of us out...thank you for that. 

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, David824 said:

just wanted to thank you and let you know I appreciate all your help and answering back...I know and see how many people are needing help and you do your very best to help all of us out...thank you for that. 

Thank you very much, that means a lot!