Upload latency spikes and jitter

braido1x

Every single time I do a connection benchmark test I see a huge spike in upload ping at the beginning as shown in the picture below , is this anything to worry about and will it affect my gaming ? , I also get around 1ms of jitter on every test and again I’m just curious if this would affect call of duty? 

B7892D99-3B1B-4396-B1EC-E8BAD893CDFA.jpeg

I have tryed it on many different percentages and had no luck ? Could it be an isp problem with virgin per say ? Or do you feel like a nighthawk should be able to mitigate that ? 

I also should mention that I didn’t have those upload spikes when using my r2 but I’m back on the nighthawk , would this help with anything or do you think trial and error is best here ? 

It’s set up with the virgin hub 4 in modem mode , I can’t seem to find any solution to the spike in the upload at all ive tryed a number of different qos settings , that’s what made me think it might be an isp issue , can that type of spike have a huge effect in cod ? I’m normally a very advanced player but I’ve been really struggling of late and feel like I’m behind the server a bit 

I’ll need to have a read up on how to do that but I’ll definately give it a go , thanks for the advice . Do you know of any threads or pages here I could consult just to make sure I do it properly ? 

I have switched the vm hub back to router mode and changed the Nat to open but sadly in the connection benchmark I’m still seeing upload spikes during the bufferbloat tests , can you guys think of anything else that could be causing this ? It’s the exact same spike going from 0 to 100 at the start of each test 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 8:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Now you've done that try to fine tune Congestion Control, it may need different percentages now you've done that.

Just a question about the vm hub when in router mode - should i turn upnp off in the hub 4 incase it conflicts with the xr500 being in the dmz ? 

@braido1x I've been curious to know the outcome of your dilemma as well. I was setting up a mate's XR500 the other day & he's experiencing the same problem as you w/ having upload ping spikes over 100ms on the 3.0 DumaOS Connection Test. I say revert back..... to the legacy firmware version.

There's no stinking features on his Netgear CM1000 modem's main menu either... No DMZ, UPNP, nil

I'll be checking for line anomalies with my spectrum analyzer when I go back this weekend.