XR1000 Connection benchmark issues

Just received an XR1000 and noticed my upload speed on the benchmark test underload is 53-56ms no matter what i do.  Change QoS settings etc, there is something going on with the benchmark test itself, is any one else running into this situation?

• Administrators

You need to use Always for Congestion Control, then I would suggest start at 90% for both download/upload, doing a benchmark test, then lowering by 10%, test, rinse repeat until you find a percentage that lowers Ping Under Load as much as possible.

I apologize I should have been more specific when I was referring to qos settings etc. it doesn’t matter what you set the congestion slider to it will always read 53-56ms even with everything disabled it shows 53-56ms. I think there is something wrong with the graph which is making it read weird.

my setup is 

1 GB internet xfinity, Netgear CM2000 Cable modem, Netgear XR1000 router. As far as PPPoE,VLAN,IPv6 I am assuming IPv6? Congestion Slider is on always 90% dl 85% ul.  85% for both upload and download bandwidth allocation. Attached is a screen shot of my most recent benchmark test.

Screenshot (17).png

Screenshot (19).png

It might be a bug, cause I haven’t the same the issue. Xfinity 600mbps and 1gb plans. I even tried different modems. The only way I can fix this issue is by changing the sliders on both download and upload to 8% or less, but then I won’t get any download results. IPv6 is disabled. By the way I also get better results on the benchmark with jitter and spikes with 8%.

Guest Killhippie
On 10/10/2020 at 4:51 AM, sHANADELT said:

my setup is 

1 GB internet xfinity, Netgear CM2000 Cable modem, Netgear XR1000 router. As far as PPPoE,VLAN,IPv6 I am assuming IPv6? Congestion Slider is on always 90% dl 85% ul.  85% for both upload and download bandwidth allocation. Attached is a screen shot of my most recent benchmark test.

Screenshot (17).png

Screenshot (19).png

Your download is pretty good tbh, some routers will only go to 740Mbps. Also  you don't really need 85% of your download connection for gaming if its a console as gaming uses very small amounts of data, you could share a  lot more to other devices and be doing fine on that line. Really I would say unless you have a houseful of devices we cant see QoS is almost not needed with your line speeds.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:27 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try setting your Bandwidth speeds to half of what you get and then try adjusting Congestion Control and see if you get the percentage down please?

i tried it and it brought it from 58ms to 55ms ish so no real difference. i have gone up and down the slider to little or no effect on the outcome.  am i missing something?  the R2 never had this type of issue.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:46 AM, Killhippie said:

Your download is pretty good tbh, some routers will only go to 740Mbps. Also  you don't really need 85% of your download connection for gaming if its a console as gaming uses very small amounts of data, you could share a  lot more to other devices and be doing fine on that line. Really I would say unless you have a houseful of devices we cant see QoS is almost not needed with your line speeds.

i avg 850-900 Mbps so im not really complaining on the potential of the XR1000 the R2 doesnt come anywhere close to that. I am using PC but i was told to change it to a console on Device Manager.  Going by what your saying i switched the bandwidth allocation to 20% for gaming on dl and ul.  I have a max of 8-9 devices in the house with maybe 3-5 devices using the internet at the same time.  Should i not use QoS all together? 

5 hours ago, sHANADELT said:

i tried it and it brought it from 58ms to 55ms ish so no real difference. i have gone up and down the slider to little or no effect on the outcome.  am i missing something?  the R2 never had this type of issue.

i avg 850-900 Mbps so im not really complaining on the potential of the XR1000 the R2 doesnt come anywhere close to that. I am using PC but i was told to change it to a console on Device Manager.  Going by what your saying i switched the bandwidth allocation to 20% for gaming on dl and ul.  I have a max of 8-9 devices in the house with maybe 3-5 devices using the internet at the same time.  Should i not use QoS all together? 

If you have a gig line QoS is not really needed as you will never saturate that connection unless in your case you are moving large amounts of data up.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try resetting Bandwidth Allocation, making sure Share Excess is enabled for both download/upload, remove any Traffic Prioritization rules you've added and try again please?

i reset the bandwidth allocation, double checked the share excess was enabled for both download/upload, the only thing in traffic prioritization is the default DumaOS Classified games for all devices so tried a benchmark with all traffic turned off and it still is around 54 MS for upload.  Is there a router setting that could be affecting this that i am missing?

1 hour ago, DollaB1ll said:

It’s a bug. I tried everything, or Xfinity internet is pure trash!

i honestly feel like it is a bug or the upload portion of the graph has broken code somewhere which is making the graph read weird.  i also have the R2 and did not have any issues with the upload under ping test load.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, sHANADELT said:

i reset the bandwidth allocation, double checked the share excess was enabled for both download/upload, the only thing in traffic prioritization is the default DumaOS Classified games for all devices so tried a benchmark with all traffic turned off and it still is around 54 MS for upload.  Is there a router setting that could be affecting this that i am missing?

Thanks for trying that. I will make an internal ticket for the issue so that a dev can take a look into it.

• 4 weeks later...