The R2 is limiting my internet speed to 100mbps max !!

Mubarak

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, willthetech said:

there are 2 ports in your home router, lan/wan and lan (bottom and top), once you make them only lan, they work just like a regular router. if you plug any of the 2 in the R2 uplink...they both show only 100?

Yes both are showing 100mbps max 

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Plug your WAN cable on the R2 in one of the LAN ports instead.

You won't have internet, but the interface will auto negotiate.

If it shows 100 mbit on that LAN port in the R2,  it's an autonegotiation issue between your other router and the R2, or a cable issue. If the cable is ok there is very little you can do, unless you can set the ports on the Huawai router to 1000mbit.

The only thing to try then is placing a switch between your Huawai router and R2, if you have one around.

Edit: See that you already did that in one of your first reply's. That indicates a hardware issue with the WAN port, possibly having no signal on one of the pins. 1000 mbit requires all 4 pairs to work, when one strand is faulty then it will default to 100 mbit as that only needs 2 pairs.

Change out the R2 under warranty.

Exactly bro I just did that before ... 

and now I just try something else . 

I connect one of the huawei lan port to linksys velop wan port ( the linksys show 1000mbps ) and I connected the other Lan port that the linksys have, to the R2 Wan port and AGAIN it read only 100mbps max !!! 

( at the same time after doing the above ) I have connect the other last Lan port that the huawei router have to a lan port in the R2 to see what it will read ... 

and guess what ? It does read 1000mbps . 

I guess that mean that the Wan port in the R2 is 10000% the issue here . 

this happened to me literally on my first use to the R2 maybe it’s faulty like you just said .. 

I would say this is odd to be a defected port, as usually defect is hardware related and the outcome will be no connection at all. but I seen weirder stuff before....

usually the uplink will give you the speed that is getting from the host (your router)...

can you connect your router cable from any of the 2 lans to a pc and see what the speed are? not bandwidth speed but link speed...

again just suggestions...:)

1 minute ago, willthetech said:

I would say this is odd to be a defected port, as usually defect is hardware related and the outcome will be no connection at all. but I seen weirder stuff before....

usually the uplink will give you the speed that is getting from the host (your router)...

can you connect your router cable from any of the 2 lans to a pc and see what the speed are? not bandwidth speed but link speed...

again just suggestions...:)

You mean what the result I will get in speed test ? 

Just now, Mubarak said:

You mean what the result I will get in speed test ? 

no, so if you have a pc at home, and you connect that pc in one of the Huawei ports. you can go to settings and check that lan port properties in the pc to see what the link speed is...

19 minutes ago, willthetech said:

no, so if you have a pc at home, and you connect that pc in one of the Huawei ports. you can go to settings and check that lan port properties in the pc to see what the link speed is...

Unfortunately I have only a laptop and it doesn’t have Ethernet port .. 

19 minutes ago, willthetech said:

this is what is worrying me about your home router...

image.thumb.png.d1eeae5cb376ef39abf060e4e784cd77.png

I didn’t understand your point here but when I connect the lan port on huawei directly to the wan port on the linksys velop . 

and I connect my phone to the linksys velop wifi it does give me above 400mbps speed ... 

which mean that the link speed is absolutely more than 100mbps . 

You can check also those pictures taken directly from the huawei router settings. 

one of them showing that one port connected to the linksys velop showing 1000mbps and the other on the duma os showing 100mbps only .  

the other picture showing linksys velop and my ps4 connected all showing 1000mbps . 

18DBCC8E-DEF0-4388-BE5F-7C458B863160.jpeg

A150816D-CCC2-4602-8082-44C87CE3FF6F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Mubarak said:

You can check also those pictures taken directly from the huawei router settings. 

one of them showing that one port connected to the linksys velop showing 1000mbps and the other on the duma os showing 100mbps only .  

the other picture showing linksys velop and my ps4 connected all showing 1000mbps . 

18DBCC8E-DEF0-4388-BE5F-7C458B863160.jpeg

A150816D-CCC2-4602-8082-44C87CE3FF6F.jpeg

wow, yeah crazy...well I am sure Fraser and his team will hopefully get you figured out. I guess we will see...

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for trying my PM, please reenable remote support and double check the DMZ is correct as the router IP may have changed. Let me know once you've done that please.

Yes I did it and checked it go ahead it’s ready ... 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mubarak said:

What happened ? 

He didn't have time to check again before the end of office hours. I don't think it will work though. Is it possible for you to take the router to someone elses home and we can try to connect there?

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

He didn't have time to check again before the end of office hours. I don't think it will work though. Is it possible for you to take the router to someone elses home and we can try to connect there?

I believe the real problem is that I don’t know how and when you trying to connect to my router ! 

For example do i need to send messages here when I’m connected to my R2 ? 

You need to tell me when you are trying to access my router ! Because for example the router ( might) be switched off or not connected to the internet ! ( might be the issue you are having ) 

also you need tell me how you can access my router ? For example is just knowing my wan iP enough? What if someone else have the same ? for example is it possible that you don’t need to know my R2 MAC and serial number ? 

I really have no idea on when exactly you are trying to access and how ? Which I think is the issue here ... 

• Administrators

The router needs to be on and connected to the internet in order for us to access it. If you've been switching it off or it hasn't had internet or you've been posting through another network then that has been where the trouble is. I can't tell you exactly when it will be accessed by as I give the information to the dev and they access it when they can. Post on here tomorrow, after midday GMT while connected to the R2 when it has internet and leave the R2 connected all day please, then we should be able to access it.

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The router needs to be on and connected to the internet in order for us to access it. If you've been switching it off or it hasn't had internet or you've been posting through another network then that has been where the trouble is. I can't tell you exactly when it will be accessed by as I give the information to the dev and they access it when they can. Post on here tomorrow, after midday GMT while connected to the R2 when it has internet and leave the R2 connected all day please, then we should be able to access it.

Everything is ready now ... ( this message is while I’m connected to the r2 )