Just got it ... PING IS HIGHER?

TcKiiller

Hey guys hoping for some help with this... the R2 just arrived yesterday set it up works. with that said my ping seems to be higher on every game i play I did the QoS and Geo filtering.

I play on fibre direct to home internet 1g up and 1g down with a wired connection.

Previously with the router/modem from my ISB i was getting 19-21 Ms in Warzone and about 15ms in WoW... now im getting 24-29 ms in warzone and 19-20 ms in WoW i know its not a big difference but everything counts and one of the reasons i bought was to keep my ping at the lowest thing possible.... thoughts?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you answer the following questions please so we can best advise:

• What is your exact physical setup?
  • What is the modem/router model from the ISP?
  • Who is your ISP?
  • What are your QoS settings?
  • What are your Geo-Filter settings?
  • I assume the ping you're getting from in game, what does the Geo-Filter say the ping is?

1. Wired FIbre internet cat 7 cable also have cat 6 that ive tried same results 3 feet away from the modem/router. 

2. Its bell home hub 3000... i cant bridge this modem.

3. Bell 

4. Priority to my PC with a high prio in the gaming settings. 54% on both upload and download

5. 1311 km away from the east coast set near Toronto Canada.

6. yes this is the difference i noticed in the game. the exact settings of my speed test in the duma os atm is 4.5 ms average ping when i do it on speed test ookla its between 2-3 ms previously with my ISB i would get 1-2 ms on ookla speed test also just noticed im only getting 400 download speed on duma test but ookla is showing 700

• Administrators

Thanks for the information. Get the WAN IP from the R2 System Information page and put that into the Bell DMZ. Disable the WiFi on the Bell as well and connect ALL devices to the R2 so QoS can effectively control them. How did you add the PC exactly? - Add it with the Games Console service instead. What does the ping to the server say on the Geo-Filter? The speed on benchmark needs to be tweaked so pay attention to Ookla instead for now.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, TcKiiller said:

ok seems to have fixed the ping... i was hoping to figure out how to get more range to my chromecast upstairs... i heard the 5ghz isnt as good at range how can i connect the chromecast and the stuff upstairs to the 2.4ghz?

Great! In Settings > WiFi disable Mirror mode and then give 2.4 & 5GHz separate names and save. Wait a few minutes and you should then see both appear in your WiFi lists and you can then connect direct to 2.4GHz.

• Administrators

Use a WiFi analyzer (there is a free one for Windows on Microsoft Store) to find the least congested channels in your area and then change to that in the WiFi settings. Forget the network on the devices that are having issues and then reconnect to them. We've also got a new firmware soon that will improve WiFi. 

Who do you have your gig with? I have a gig through ATT and even on my R2 I actually get better pings then with xr700..I dont know why or how but my numbers are actually lower. I have to use the modem too (they said its because its designed for the gig) On mine I have to go into my att modem and set it my router through the IP Passthrough and then put my MAC address throught the firewall. Have you checked to see if there a IP for your modem to get into it?