Best Wan settings?

SendNukes

Hi!

Mac cloning even if you see it activated is using the mac of your R2, it is as if it were deactivated, you do not have to worry about it and it is something that I imagine will be corrected in the next firmware.

If you use the PC as a gaming platform, I recommend that you leave both synchronization and port scanning activated.

Regarding IPv6 you should know if your ISP provider uses it, if so, leave it activated, if you do not know or if your provider does not use it, you can deactivate it.

Ping I recommend that you do not disable it, otherwise you will not get a response when your R2 tries to ping the sites.

And the technical support is okay because you have it activated, nobody can access your information through R2, it is simply so that if you have a problem the team can give you support, if you feel more calm you can deactivate it and in case If you need support from the team, activate it.

A greeting!

38 minutes ago, titofuenla said:

Hi!

Mac cloning even if you see it activated is using the mac of your R2, it is as if it were deactivated, you do not have to worry about it and it is something that I imagine will be corrected in the next firmware.

If you use the PC as a gaming platform, I recommend that you leave both synchronization and port scanning activated.

Regarding IPv6 you should know if your ISP provider uses it, if so, leave it activated, if you do not know or if your provider does not use it, you can deactivate it.

Ping I recommend that you do not disable it, otherwise you will not get a response when your R2 tries to ping the sites.

And the technical support is okay because you have it activated, nobody can access your information through R2, it is simply so that if you have a problem the team can give you support, if you feel more calm you can deactivate it and in case If you need support from the team, activate it.

A greeting!

I game on console, should I still leave port scan and sync on?

2 hours ago, SendNukes said:

Why turn off ipv6? 

No I meant why is he turning off port scan and TCP syn protection?

Leave them both on.. 

If your ISP doesn't support IPv6 then turn it off... Even if they do, unless your in China, turn it off anyways...

• Administrators

As tito said regarding MAC cloning, it's using the default MAC address - we've already fixed the display of this in a future firmware. 

The other settings are really up to you - if you're thinking about what will help you most for the best connection in the game then they won't really make a difference - best to focus on QoS and the Geo-Filter instead.