Cannot connect to Internet.

_FengShui

Hello all, 

I have no idea what’s going on with my router but randomly today it just decided to not work. I direct connected my desktop to my modem to see if it was a problem with my ISP but internet works just fine when direct connected. Since I narrowed it down to my router, I’ve tried everything and even rebooted twice and still nothing. Router turns on, devices are able to find it (my desktop is connected to my router directly), and absolutely nothing. Any help or ideas? There seems to be more issues related to his router that what I anticipated (AdBlock not working per device, randomly losing connection, randomly unable to access router, etc) and this promise of a new firmware since launch has yet to arrive. Hoping this wasn’t a big waste of money and time. 

thanks in advance if any help comes. 

edit: error I’m getting on the router is that is  supposedly “DNS server” related  but I’ve already tried changing DNS servers and even opted for the option of upstream DNS and still nothing. And like mentioned prior, I can direct connected to modem just fine, just having issues with router.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, _FengShui said:

Already tried this and now I can’t even setup the router since I can’t detect internet. 

You don't need the internet to go through the setup wizard, what happens when you connect a device to the router via ethernet cable and then access the interface?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't need the internet to go through the setup wizard, what happens when you connect a device to the router via ethernet cable and then access the interface?

I get an error that says it cannot detect an internet connection. Offers me to retry. 

On 9/14/2020 at 9:17 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Is there any exception to your return policy. I know its from 14 days of arrival but half of that time was used on our older router and conveniently enough towards the end of it is when this router started having problems. Very disappointed in the results.

• Administrators

I've sent you a PM, please see if that works. I don't think so but if we diagnose a fault and unable to replace it we will fix it. You can email [email protected] if you want to question the terms and they will be able to answer you more accurately.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you a PM, please see if that works. I don't think so but if we diagnose a fault and unable to replace it we will fix it. You can email [email protected] if you want to question the terms and they will be able to answer you more accurately.

Replied

On 9/16/2020 at 8:20 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Replied again with an update and question.

On 9/14/2020 at 11:17 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

You just need the router to have the power cord plugged in to access dumaos/? I'm still trying to figure my router out. It sounds like the same issue I posted about. I've left it unplugged and in the box for a week now. 

10 minutes ago, R3my7 said:

You just need the router to have the power cord plugged in to access dumaos/? I'm still trying to figure my router out. It sounds like the same issue I posted about. I've left it unplugged and in the box for a week now. 

From my personal experience I wasn’t able to set it up without an internet connection. In fact, one of the steps for setup was detecting an internet connection and if couldn’t establish one, you could not proceed. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, R3my7 said:

This is a video of what my router has been doing for a week now. I've tried holding reset in the back. 

I also can't get netduma r2 to show up on my wifi list. 

To access the interface you need to either connect to the WiFi or have a device connected to it via an ethernet cable, the router must be plugged into the power. Sorry I'm not understanding what the issue is from the video, you have the one ethernet cable connected to the internet port and the other end connected to your existing modem/router presumably. Have you gone through the setup wizard at all or ever accessed the interface?

11 hours ago, _FengShui said:

From my personal experience I wasn’t able to set it up without an internet connection. In fact, one of the steps for setup was detecting an internet connection and if couldn’t establish one, you could not proceed. 

When you get to that point, select the option to enter the WAN options manually, you can then skip it. What is your ISP? Do you know if you require PPPoE, VLAN, DHCP identifiers to access the internet?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

To access the interface you need to either connect to the WiFi or have a device connected to it via an ethernet cable, the router must be plugged into the power. Sorry I'm not understanding what the issue is from the video, you have the one ethernet cable connected to the internet port and the other end connected to your existing modem/router presumably. Have you gone through the setup wizard at all or ever accessed the interface?

When you get to that point, select the option to enter the WAN options manually, you can then skip it. What is your ISP? Do you know if you require PPPoE, VLAN, DHCP identifiers to access the internet?

Yes, I've been through the set up. Yes, it's connected to my modem. My router was running fine until a week ago when it started doing what's in the video. It turns on and turns off, as long as I leave it plugged in. I can't access the interface or even have wifi anymore. It's not an issue with my internet or my modem. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, R3my7 said:

Yes, I've been through the set up. Yes, it's connected to my modem. My router was running fine until a week ago when it started doing what's in the video. It turns on and turns off, as long as I leave it plugged in. I can't access the interface or even have wifi anymore. It's not an issue with my internet or my modem. 

Unplug it for 10 minutes to let the residual power drain then connect to power, does it continue to boot loop?

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Unplug it for 10 minutes to let the residual power drain then connect to power, does it continue to boot loop?

Yes, I've had it unplugged for a few days. Plugged it in last night and tried everything. Unplugged it again and tried this morning about 30min ago. Same issue. 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I have Spectrum and according them I don’t. It should be as simple as plug and play as were all my previous routers. 

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, _FengShui said:

I have Spectrum and according them I don’t. It should be as simple as plug and play as were all my previous routers. 

Okay connect the R2 and modem together. Then reboot the R2, wait 1 minute for it to boot properly, then reboot the modem, do you get a connection then?

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay connect the R2 and modem together. Then reboot the R2, wait 1 minute for it to boot properly, then reboot the modem, do you get a connection then?

I tried that and it doesn’t always work. Sometimes it works with one try and other times it works with multiple tries but it usually leads to the same scenario. Randomly, the router will just stop working and I have to do it all over again. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, _FengShui said:

I tried that and it doesn’t always work. Sometimes it works with one try and other times it works with multiple tries but it usually leads to the same scenario. Randomly, the router will just stop working and I have to do it all over again. 

Okay probably best you email according to the instructions above as well please.