Common things about router setting for each users

Chaiyoabc

Not sure if I should call this a guideline, but
This is what I have found out about settings so far. since we all can’t have same nice things everyone is required to go try for themselves. There is no ‘ultimate setting’  that you can just enable it and enjoy the rest of your fps gaming life. Each game will have specific netcode, engine lag, server location, not to mention player skill ceiling. So I will call it like ‘how to maximize your gaming router 101’ then. It is what have been working for me and I am sure it will for you guys as long as you guys understand what each function is and why it exists 

also this can be applied to any router that have qos in the world. Not just netduma

when you first initiate access to your router. See the below checklist:

1. Port forwarding / upnp - turn it on - this will make sure your router opens your gaming port. You can always look it up in google for what ports each game use. Or do the lazy way, just enable upnp, it will auto portforward for you. Don’t open both because your router would act weird

2. Port prioritization find ports and go for it - this function always put targeted port first in queue. 

3. Bandwidth - any qos will have some kind of bandwidth control, some are in form of percentage, some can be filled in directly, some are flower graph, you have to find your right spot. Each can be different depending on your ping/server/isp 

This is the hardest part, find it where you dont get instant death and you get instant hit detection. Find your balance. For me I set overall bandwidth to about 37/4 and then i give download to my ps4 for like 99% and upload for 1% with share excess on

4. The last one. Only one device cannot maximize qos otherwise it will become pointless. If you are alone in your house. Let some devices streaming twitch or youtube endlessly. You will notice better gaming performance. But this is for high spec router

So if my Ping Under Load tests as an A+, is that ideal for good hit detection? Is there another test one can do that typically leads to good hit detection? Or...can it still happen and that may not indicate good hit detection? Just feel it may be hard to determine hit detection quality as it will vary depending on the ping and server im on.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, felipe said:

So if my Ping Under Load tests as an A+, is that ideal for good hit detection? Is there another test one can do that typically leads to good hit detection? Or...can it still happen and that may not indicate good hit detection? Just feel it may be hard to determine hit detection quality as it will vary depending on the ping and server im on.

That test ensures that the ping is as low as it can possibly be when other devices are using bandwidth in your home. That will help to keep the connection more stable and therefore help with hit detection. The server of course plays its part but as long as it's optimized on your end then it's the best it could be and then would suggest forcing other servers.