Express vpn gives me a double nat

Need professional assistance!!!

I'm running an arris sb6190 modem into a netgear xr500. I set the vpn up with express vpn. When I turn my xbox on it gives me a double nat. If I disabled the vpn my nat instantly goes to open. We have 3 xbox ones all wired into the router. I've researched and tried almost everything but no luck. Upnp is on with no port forwarding. Saw suggestions to bridge the router or make it an access point but I only have one and that sounds like something for people using multiple routers. I believe the modem is already in bridge mode cause its a stand alone modem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I used purevpn and got a more consistent ping. Usually get anywhere from 60 to 120 on call of duty. With the vpn every game was 50 to 60. It wont give you lower ping just a more consistent one from what I've discovered and read.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 11:31 AM, Joshp2 said:

I used purevpn and got a more consistent ping. Usually get anywhere from 60 to 120 on call of duty. With the vpn every game was 50 to 60. It wont give you lower ping just a more consistent one from what I've discovered and read.

Maybe duma OS is using a vpn in the background for their ping heat map servers loaded on the router already? What's your thoughts??

• Administrators
20 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

Maybe duma OS is using a vpn in the background for their ping heat map servers loaded on the router already? What's your thoughts??

We don't use a VPN for Ping Heatmap, it's just the ping direct to the server. If a VPN actually lowers your ping then it means it has better routing to the game server than your ISP routing.