XR500 breaks discord while COD filter is enabled

Grifter

Ever since I started trying to use filtering mode on my XR500 I've been unable to connect to any discord servers. I live in Ottawa Ontario Canada. If I put the XR500 into spectate then Discord works. I've read many other netduma users had the same problem. What is the deal? 

So far the XR500 has been a HUGE headache and I dearly regret buying it. I don't find it's helped my latencies in Warzone at all. The wireless has issues with dual band so I have to use different names for 2.4 and 5ghz. I signed up for the beta for the new Netduma over a month ago and nothing has happened. 

• Administrators

When you try connecting to Discord look on the map for anything that is blocked, then click on them and allow them and you'll be able to connect from then on regardless of your Geo-Filter settings. What is your average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter? 

There is literally nothing on my geo-filter map when I try to connect to Discord. 

Edit: Got it to work, had to turn off autoping and then allow the server in Cali. Thanks for the help. 

I would really like to get into the beta so I can use a single network name as opposed to 2.4 and 5ghz separately. Could you please move me up the list?

My wireless drops constantly while using smart connect, it happens on my work VPN, my chromecast audios, etc. 

Also, the Discord workaround stopped working, I can no longer connect to discord again while the filtering is enabled. Each time it's giving me a discord server in random places, I try to click allow but it doesn't work. 

Many of the discord peers it's trying to connect to are in europe, I try to allow their connection but it fails. 

• Administrators

I don't know if it's a Smart Connect bug per se but Smart Connect will switch you between 2.4 & 5GHz based on the device need and some devices have trouble doing this so that is likely why they work better when connected directly.

What do you mean it fails exactly when you try to allow it? I'll pass it onto the team to test Discord as soon as they can and get a cloud update out.

image.thumb.png.3b33c4007018f9c87e066ec00ad7e421.pngThis 

It's totally unrealistic to think that I can allow all the different discord servers. For instance I have 10 discord servers allowed but there are probably dozens more that I don't. Am I the only person this is happening to? It's weird because I used the filter for at least a month before this started happening.

• Administrators

You're the first person I know of recently that is having this issue, it's likely that one in the EU being blocked there that needs to get allowed. We will test it and get a cloud update. Probably the easiest thing to do would be to have the game off, put the Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode, connect to Discord and then re-enable the Filter for the game. It will sustain the connection with Discord without the need to keep allowing servers.

Well, he's not the only person with this issue... I too have this issue since I bought XR500..... I'm from Asia so basically if I try to connect voice chat to any discord server location in Asia it works fine but if the discord server location is set in US or EU then I get same problem as mentioned above so every time I have to put my Geo settings to "Spectating mode" in order to connect voice in other region servers.

• Administrators
On 9/8/2020 at 2:29 PM, Grifter said:

That's a work around but also really irritating, I switch discord servers very frequently which would mean I would have to turn the filter on and off multiple times an hour.  

10 hours ago, Naresh said:

Well, he's not the only person with this issue... I too have this issue since I bought XR500..... I'm from Asia so basically if I try to connect voice chat to any discord server location in Asia it works fine but if the discord server location is set in US or EU then I get same problem as mentioned above so every time I have to put my Geo settings to "Spectating mode" in order to connect voice in other region servers.

Thanks for letting us know, we will be looking into it and doing a cloud update to rectify it. I realize it is frustrating but allowing or spectating then filtering mode is the only workaround at the moment if you want to continue using filtering mode.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators
On 12/11/2020 at 6:24 PM, justin peryea said:

it does it for me too I live in ny than it connects to EU like what ping 222 can't talk to my friends I block it I can't connect I turn on VPN it connects right to ny severs any idea why this happens please help this is getting stupid 

If you connect to that EU server are you able to talk to them ok?

• 1 month later...

I have this same issue.  If I turn on any filtering mode i can't connect to discord at all.   

On 9/7/2020 at 4:12 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You're the first person I know of recently that is having this issue, it's likely that one in the EU being blocked there that needs to get allowed. We will test it and get a cloud update. Probably the easiest thing to do would be to have the game off, put the Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode, connect to Discord and then re-enable the Filter for the game. It will sustain the connection with Discord without the need to keep allowing servers.

When i do this, i get disconnected from discord immediately.  When i filter the midwest of US region, attempt to connect to discord with their central US server (which is maybe 100 miles from me) i get immediately disconnected.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, turbosi92 said:

lol why is it in europe....

It will be mislocated, we'll sort that. Add it to your allow list and it will work.

22 minutes ago, Captain Pickles said:

Same problem. I have to unfilter and discord is allowed, then turn filter back on

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you allow any blocked icons when you connect to discord then you can connect when you're in filtering mode.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, turbosi92 said:

i guess i need a link on how to add it to my allow list.  link to help article?

You can see how to do so at the bottom of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I did this but no change.  I could see it was trying to connect to a few different places.  I just started allowing everything.  No change.  Discord always comes up and says "No Route" after it would try to connect with a message of RTC COnnecting)  

hopefully this makes sense.  I can provide you anything else you need.