GEO FILTER DOES NOT WORK

Hey, so I'm trying to set-up my geo filter, and it's not working whatsoever. I'm located east coast, (trying to force west coast lobbies.)

Steps i've tried:

1. Deleting the device (I'm on PC), from geo filter, flushing the cloud and readding it, didn't work. Still puts me outside of my selected strict area.

2. Same as step one, but re-adding it as a ps4 in the device manager. Still puts me outside of my selected region.

(I've changed my dns servers and mtu, but i don't think that would effect anything above)

I've attached a picture onto the thread. The first picture is when i'm in a game. It connected me to the biggest triangle that's middle/east even though it's outside of my radius.49f8bacbe3c69c557e4415cf0465cc6f.thumb.png.9f136305a8decb1be0966401b41ed634.png

5856a5868f8c1e44d92a77738e47992d.png

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Did you quit the game/game client when you did those troubleshooting steps? If not you will need to do that to make sure it works. What game are you playing?

i did. multiple times :(. Call of Duty Warzone. I’ve tried removing the device, flushing cloud, readding, everything i can think of. nothing has worked but it used to work then randomly stopped 

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have the Geo-Filter settings active and Filtering prior to loading up the game or once you've loaded the game?

Prior to opening the game waiting atleast 3 minutes after doing settings, restarting my pc even and nothing has worked

edit: maybe it's something on call of duty's end? I'm not able to connect to my east coast teamspeak server because it's outside of my radius , so i have to allow it, but i still get put on call of duty servers outside of my radius

edit2: another picture

s5fbwmjf.jpg

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you boot up the game initially does it show you all the servers that are available? Have you got any servers in your deny list?

It does show the servers, yes. I failed to mention I had to allow the authentication server to even get on the game, that pops up at the same time as all of the other servers. No servers are in my deny list.. because it takes forever to ban every east coast server (a new one pops up at the server  farm every time i ban one and queue  again)

edit: doesn't work in multiplayer either

• Administrators

Does it show any allowed within your radius when you see them on boot up? If not then that is probably why it's not filtering correctly. Also the server you allowed may allow you to connect to other servers. What was the ID of the server you allowed? You should get to the point when it tries to connect that there is only one that gets blocked.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does it show any allowed within your radius when you see them on boot up? If not then that is probably why it's not filtering correctly. Also the server you allowed may allow you to connect to other servers. What was the ID of the server you allowed? You should get to the point when it tries to connect that there is only one that gets blocked.

those are the servers that pop up. it's blocking all of them but those two in the radius.

info of the authentication server i allowed:

Ping: 19 ms
Host Type: Dedicated
ID:

ccb9edb8566b1d22

Domain Name:

185.34.107.184                         edit: geo filter also doesn't work on my ps4.  sigh.

aaef7f469853ce515caf704a9ea46b91.png

3 hours ago, Bigfntarget said:

The only server near that location is a stat/authentication server. I live just outside Vancouver and the closest warzone servers are in california as far as I can tell.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that top left dedi is usually a data centre that everyone connects through for CoD. You don't actually play on it.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You added the correct server so that is good. What XR router are you using exactly and what firmware are you on?

i'm using the xr300 and the latest update. i've tried downgrading down to different firmwares. Nothing's worked

@underoath Do you have IPv6 enabled? I noticed that QoS wasn't working on my setup with native IPv6, maybe that is affecting GeoLocation as well?

Just a thought, also what I stated before, connections for matches only occur near california. Did you try moving the Home location closer to those servers?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Reinstall the firmware using TFTP then do a reset and see if that helps. That will make it the freshest install possible: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

This fixed it. Thank you

2 hours ago, Bigfntarget said:

@underoath Do you have IPv6 enabled? I noticed that QoS wasn't working on my setup with native IPv6, maybe that is affecting GeoLocation as well?

Just a thought, also what I stated before, connections for matches only occur near california. Did you try moving the Home location closer to those servers?

I fixed it. This wasn't the issue though. But thanks

1 hour ago, Th3AngryGerman said:

What was the fix? I live near Seattle and have been having the same problem. When I boot up the game on my PS4 this is what I see, then they drop off and I am only able to connect to the peer in the bottom picture.

image.png.3e2a20493b500a730d1319986c66c940.png

image.png.50352c2050fdc7ccdb07e75a224e870d.png

factory reset