No internet connection?

ILLA

I’ve just connected new  R2 gaming router as per instructions.

but I still have no internet connection.

please treat this like Netduma R2 for dummies as I have know idea what I’m doing.

it keeps saying something about no DNS connection?

14 hours ago, ILLA said:

I’m in New Zealand. My I.S.P is orcon and my R2 is connected To my fibre box.

also ipv6 isn’t available through isp yet?

ONT?

R2 is connected to ISP wall mounted modem/router.

Hello Illa!

According to the information that I could find from your internet provider, you have to have an Ont (on the wall) and then the fritzbox connected to it, so the correct way would be ONT + Fritzbox + R2 that way you should get internet no problem.

Your ISP works with Vlan: 10 and prio 802.1p: 0 and DHCP, that means that later when the next R2 firmware includes the Vlan option you will be able to configure R2 with that configuration and thus skip the fritzbox by directly connecting the R2 to the ONT (wall).

I hope it helps you, greetings

Have done a factory reboot of the modem, connected up as you’ve suggested and still no internet. It’s not coming up on the wifi list anymore. Also can not reset modem via the reset button in the back. Have paid someone to come and check it out and they weren’t able to reset or sort it either. He suggested it may be faulty given the reset button won’t even work. 

Can I purchase a new one now to speed up the process of getting connected, and then organise a refund for the faulty one? 

so we can’t try titofeunla process at the moment due to not being able to reset/reboot Netduma R2

1 hour ago, ILLA said:

Have done a factory reboot of the modem, connected up as you’ve suggested and still no internet. It’s not coming up on the wifi list anymore. Also can not reset modem via the reset button in the back. Have paid someone to come and check it out and they weren’t able to reset or sort it either. He suggested it may be faulty given the reset button won’t even work. 

Can I purchase a new one now to speed up the process of getting connected, and then organise a refund for the faulty one? 

so we can’t try titofeunla process at the moment due to not being able to reset/reboot Netduma R2

That sounds strange.
It says I factory reset the R2 and now you can't access it? or was it the isp modem that rebooted?

If you connect the equipments as I suggested and enter 192.168.77.1, what does your browser show you?

Let's see how we can solve it, it is rare that R2 is defective (even if it could be), surely we can find the answer to make it work for you!

27 minutes ago, ILLA said:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.77.1 took too long to respond.

- I was able to access 192.168.77.1 when I first plugged it in. But not anymore.

I imagine you are using a windows system, right? do you know how to configure a manual IP in windows?

If so, can you configure an IP within the range of R2 and determine if you can access it?

My wife thought she would try and help and done the below action and basically after that we couldn’t access dashboard. not sure if that makes sense to you.

I was troubleshooting initially and read on a forum to disable ‘static’ in the WAN settings. It was after doing this and turning the modem off and back on that it disappeared from the wifi list.

Prior to that I had also tried a factory reset through the dashboard and it seemed to get ‘stuck’ (for want of a better phrase).

Hace 5 minutos, ILLA dijo:

Sí, ya intenté configurar manualmente la configuración de IP sin suerte.

Inicialmente teníamos acceso al tablero, pero ahora no lo tenemos. Y ni siquiera aparecerá en la lista de wifi. 

and automatically, what IP does Windows grant? gives you an Ip within the range of R2? If you can provide a snapshot of the connection status.

16 minutes ago, ILLA said:

Is this what you are after?

no.
Do the following, connect R2 to the light, connect an ethernet cable to one of the 4 Lan connectors of R2 (yellow) and that cable to a PC, then click on your connection icon at the bottom right in the windows bar and enter where it says open network center

expli.thumb.png.cad33c0206a103651dac39620ab58185.png

click on local area connection

expli2.thumb.png.626e1ee45077f5ef6b9568ae3e6b199c.png

then click on details and you will get this image

expli3.thumb.png.54bdd2ceaff65e655fa6eadde9c279ab.png

that's the image that I need to see and see that information to know if the R2 is working fine.

20 minutes ago, ILLA said:

495C5F7A-D0A9-4C51-A753-C8E0D6EC4EE7.jpeg

from that window press where you put properties. and find where it says internet protocol version 4 and click, then fill in the fields as in the image and remember to check the box to verify the configuration when exiting.
expli4.thumb.png.4232bc99b7ef807d0613a87ca19db116.png

After configuring like this, do you have access to the R2 interface?

In regards to the reset button not working, multiple people have tried it to no avail, 

personally I’ve held it in for 20sec,30sec,40sec,50sec and minutes I’ve felt it click in, I’ve applied different pressures after slight click in and nothing is changing with the lights on R2?

we  got someone in to check it he said reset button isn’t working.

well try titofuenla advice today and report back.

all the advice is very much appreciated!

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Good advice @titofuenla hopefully doing these suggestions will bring back your ability to access the interface @ILLA. What do you mean by the reset doesn't work? How are you sure of this and how long are you holding down the button for?

Unfortunately this hasn’t changed anything either. 

updated as per instructions and the network connection is just flicking between nothing showing and ‘identifying’.

screenshots attached 

modem shows 1st power light, 2nd light flashing and Ethernet light flashing. No changes. 

2FC2DE29-E39B-4FF6-9D3F-5899BE93F6F0.jpeg

97E01CBE-02AC-4C10-A467-D8CB253BA50C.jpeg

64B5F9B3-02D5-4140-8BE4-ED86BCB69339.jpeg

9F541C08-C087-4858-BD89-16B9AE88EE5B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Will it let you access the interface though?

No not anymore, keeps saying ( this site can’t be reached, error timeout)

but when I initially hooked it up it did let me access dashboard.

1 hour ago, ILLA said:

No not anymore, keeps saying ( this site can’t be reached, error timeout)

but when I initially hooked it up it did let me access dashboard.

Well then the thing is complicated, it is really strange that first if you let it access and after a factory reset it does not allow it to access, in my opinion I think it may have been a bad manipulation rather than a manufacturing defect.
You probably did the factory reset and thought it was taking too long or you might have gotten caught and pulled on the cable before the R2 finished performing the entire reset.

See if the team can help you further and provide you with a solution.

Regards!